Indoor Shower Project

CWD thanks I appreciate any advice while I ponder the project.
Yes I fish for lobster, just got in from a trip.
My crewman didn't show up so I had to go alone.
I'm too old to go alone and just proved it to myself.

Lobster1 said:
CWD thanks I appreciate any advice while I ponder the project.
Yes I fish for lobster, just got in from a trip.
My crewman didn't show up so I had to go alone.
I'm too SMART to go alone and just proved it to myself.
Fixed that for ya :)

Going a little off topic here but I'm a newbie so hopefully all of you can overlook it.
Ordered a grandby shell, love to have a project and it's far cheaper than a new boat.
A firm believer in the 'kiss' formula, I envision few if any holes in my camper.
I think modular components..ARB fridge, butane stoves, portable shower, things that can be enjoyed outside or in depending on conditions. Plan on camping mostly in the west with my wife and two large labs.
My dilemma is heat. A furnace would be obvious if I intended to camp in cold climates. My boat has a bus heater (basically a fan that blows over copper coils heated by the radiator). This is dry heat and my cabin is relieved of any condensation which I've been reading is a problem in campers. Of course this is only applicable when the engine is running. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance,

Lobster1 said:
Going a little off topic here but I'm a newbie so hopefully all of you can overlook it.
Ordered a grandby shell, love to have a project and it's far cheaper than a new boat.
A firm believer in the 'kiss' formula, I envision few if any holes in my camper.
I think modular components..ARB fridge, butane stoves, portable shower, things that can be enjoyed outside or in depending on conditions. Plan on camping mostly in the west with my wife and two large labs.
My dilemma is heat. A furnace would be obvious if I intended to camp in cold climates. My boat has a bus heater (basically a fan that blows over copper coils heated by the radiator). This is dry heat and my cabin is relieved of any condensation which I've been reading is a problem in campers. Of course this is only applicable when the engine is running. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance,
If you want dry heat, a furnace is your best bet. A more expensive alternative would be something like a Walas diesel stove/heater. We have one on our boat, and it works well. Exhausts outside. With the lid down, there's a small squirrel cage fan to blow heat, or you can use an EcoFan on the burner, provided the burner isn't too hot for the fan

Lobster1, I think a heater is a must have and should be ordered with the shell. I also carry a Wave 3, and you could get by with just it alone. The forced air unit really warms up the camper fast and the Wave will keep it comfortable without any electrical draw. My opinion. I am often wrong, but never in doubt.

cwd

I came to 4wd camper from backpacking. The used Eagle I bought had a built in propane heater. I live and camp mostly in the Southwest, where it is often very hot. So l figured I would probably never use the heater. As it turned out, the heater was my favorite thing about the camper. Compared to a cold tent, a heater on a cold spring or fall morning or evening is pure luxury.

The built in furnace vents to the outside, and helps with reducing condensation. The portable heaters like the Buddy and Wave require opening a turnbuckle door or window, and I believe there is more condensation issues. jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom