induction stovetop

buckland

Site Team
I guess this came to mind when Vic said he had one and I was wondering if this is the type of range top used? I would just assume these units must suck up a lot of amps and was wondering what the draw was to this over using the propane? Are they worth it (as I am 260 watt with two BB batteries = 200 Wh) I also have e-bikes to recharge as a priority.
I found this unit on a thread on a social media.... what is the most efficient unit?

Attachments

• IMG_4471.jpeg
    IMG_4471.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 80
That’s the one I have. 200AH of BB batteries feeding a 3000w pure sine wave inverter. 1800w induction sucks 165A out of the batteries.

Boiling two kettles - 1.5L - takes about 40% of the batteries. The boil really fast. Only my camp chef Everest propane stove - 20000 BTU - is as fast.

Advantage is no flame/condensation inside the camper.

Disadvantage is you need lots of daily recharging opportunities and options

Gotcha.... Thanks Vic... The science of energy usage...
Can't wait for the desktop fusion reactor like in the "Jetsons"!!

I have an induction on my van. Does use a lot of juice, but will be going to 600 amp hr of Li. They are instant in boiling water, but sometimes gas would be nice. If battery is low I need to start the generator and would rather not.

craig333 said:
Dang bill thats a lot of amp hours. I thought 600 was getting carried away!
You were right. 600 aH IS getting carried away. But 6000aH/100aH/battery==>60 batteries. 60 BB batteries * 31 lbs/battery ==> 1860 lbs. may be an order of magnitude issue. :eek:

My Hawk weighed 1463 lbs FOB from factory. Must be on a trailer. If I put 60 100 aH BB batteries in my camper, there would be no room for my wife or me.

I'm sensing a math error or typo somewhere. Although, math is definitely a weighty subject. :D

Paul

craig333 said:
Dang bill thats a lot of amp hours. I thought 600 was getting carried away!
If you are doing a typo go big. Fixed 600 amp hr. I have a 12v AC. Will be able to run at night

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I am still waiting for the Flux capacitor so I can get Back to the Future.
Frank

Attachments

• Flux.jpg
    Flux.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6163.jpg
    IMG_6163.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 57
I got two of those..... be careful with them.. you'll never know where you'll end up.
R

Back
Top Bottom