Inspirational Saying of the Day

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Whatever you do today, do it with the confidence of a four year old boy in a Batman Tee shirt.

teledork said:
Bread baking and laundry - okay!
Not shovel snow, sit on my butt, and write a story. Julie made buttermilk sourdough cinnamon rolls. I'm having one now. Thanks for the inspiration, Mr. Sage!

"Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well known solution to every human problem---neat, plausible, and wrong."

I had a structural geology professor who used this H L Mencken quote to inspire us to think in a way which would today be referred to as "outside the box".

I think it was Churchill who paraphrased and modified it, saying something like "for every complex and difficult problem, there is a simple and easy solution--and it doesn't work."

Foy

In a society that is counting money, pounds, calories, and steps,
be a rebel and count your blessings instead.

That's a good'um JaSAn!

Here's a pearl of wisdom only a dad could give. "Fall behind as soon as you can, so you'll be sure to have more time to catch up"

Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

y'all are making me search thru my collection and weed out the humorous stuff like "If you say "Gullible" slowly it sounds like "Oranges"." to find the gems.

here is one of my favorite Frank Zappa:

“The universe consists of 5% protons, 5% neutrons, 5% electrons and 85% morons.”

Frank Zappa

ok maybe not inspirational, but funny

"In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite. "
- Paul Dirac (1902-1984)

Back
Top Bottom