Inverter ?'s

Myke

I just bought a Fleet Model, not sure of the year. I have parts from an old pop up camper my brother gave me. Is it possible to hook the inverter from the pop up into my FWC and be able to use shore power at the house or on the rare occasions I camp somewhere civilized? The furnace fan, two lights and water pump are the only accessories in the camper, so a marine battery will last for most of my trips, I just hate having the inverter sit in my garage if it could be used. I don't know if the refrigerator could be hooked up to the inverter. Also, the canvas has seen better days, would I take it to a camper place, or would an upholster be a better option. Is there a website that sells a kit that I could install myself?
Thanks
Myke

Myke,

I'm pretty sure you probably just have a 2-way fridge - DC/LP, so it could run off the battery, but not 110, but if you are hooked to 110 and have a trickle charge going on your battery, no big deal.

Since there are 2 manufacturers of pop-up campers in the Denver metro area - Lite-Craft in Denver on Logan - and Hallmark in Ft. Lupton - I'd give them a call and tell them your situation and perhaps they would have the ability to either do the work for you or refer you to a specialty shop.

I just bought a Fleet Model, not sure of the year. I have parts from an old pop up camper my brother gave me. Is it possible to hook the inverter from the pop up into my FWC and be able to use shore power at the house or on the rare occasions I camp somewhere civilized? The furnace fan, two lights and water pump are the only accessories in the camper, so a marine battery will last for most of my trips, I just hate having the inverter sit in my garage if it could be used. I don't know if the refrigerator could be hooked up to the inverter. Also, the canvas has seen better days, would I take it to a camper place, or would an upholster be a better option. Is there a website that sells a kit that I could install myself?
Thanks
Myke

There is also an outfit in Broomfield (last I checked) called Phoenix campers (now Coyote RV). Run by the Son of the feller that originally started FWC in CO in the 70s. I spoke with them at one point and they said the guy that made their canvas could still make replacements for our campers. I would give them a call and see if this is still true. When I spoke with them it was several years ago shortly after I bought my FWC.
http://www.phoenixcampers.com/about.html

Back
Top Bottom