is it possible to use a disposable propane ...

Hi Jeff

Had not thought of that. You would have to get adapters to even hook one up. I have noticed that when my tank is low then it is too low to keep the flame on the refrigerator and the pressure on its valve open. But I can still run the burner on the stove top witch does not have a valve. It is just open after the pressure regulator at the tank.

As far as using one of those small bottles I would be curious as if they would work. How much pressure do they have and could they keep the refrigerator valve open.

When I have run out of propane a few times it always seems to be out someplace and it is minus some temperature.

I have one of these adapters. Have carried it for years and never had to use it.:D
Jim

Attachments

• DispPropaneAdapter.jpg
    DispPropaneAdapter.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 491
There shouldn't be a pressure problem at the tank, large or small. The tanks have to pressurized to the point that the propane is compressed to a liquid state. As the propane is used, the liquid boils to replace the lost vapor in the tanks. The regulator reduces the higher tank pressure to the lower pressure needed at the appliances.

It's been a long time since my physics classes but I think the pressure in the tanks always has to be at propanes vapor pressure, the pressure at which the liquid changes to gas.

that makes sense...the adapter in the picture is the silver colored part attached to the cylinder right?
The rest is a std regulator?

Looks like it to me. BTW, the refer uses a very small flame to do its magic.

thanks so much for the link!
you know they are openiing a cabelas up near me later this year.
i have done a lot of business with them but have never been in one of their stores.

they are setting up one just on the other side of the CAL-NEVA border...in "boomtown"

This is an old thread that asks if you can run an LPG reefer using a 1 lb (disposable) cylinder.
Yes you can. You need the adapter to connect the disposable to the regulator assy.

We were in AZ a few years back and the tank ran out. I happened to have the adapter and it worked fine. The cylinder would last about 1 day.

I did this for four days in the middle of summer, so it's a handy thing to have.

This is an old thread that asks if you can run an LPG reefer using a 1 lb (disposable) cylinder.
Yes you can. You need the adapter to connect the disposable to the regulator assy.

We were in AZ a few years back and the tank ran out. I happened to have the adapter and it worked fine. The cylinder would last about 1 day.

I did this for four days in the middle of summer, so it's a handy thing to have.

Desert Rancher....would you happen to have a link to the correct adapter? Many thanks.

May be using something like this http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/propane-steak-saver-adapter/24028

Google Steak Saver. I got mine at Walmart you can find them for around $20. Cheep insurance to keep the refer cool.

Thanks for the links/info craig333 and billharr. I'll be getting one soon. I've come VERY close to running out of propane on more than one occasion.

Back
Top Bottom