Is this your rig?

Ted

Magellan
Site Team
When you make reservations for a campground in Yellowstone, they have four categories of camp site size. Small tent site, large tent site, small rv site, and large rv tent site. There is a photo of each category to go with the description. The photo for the small rv site is a red Ford Ranger with an ATC. Is this a member of WTW?

Edited with the appropriate manufacturer name now. :p

gallery_176_163_54335.jpg

Right you are, my friend. My apologies. Come to think of it, I believe I've seen those well designed window shade supports before too. :D

So they don't let our rigs park in the tent sites? That doesn't make sense off hand (assuming they aren't walk in tent sites). To me "RV" sites either usually have a large flat pad for a Bohemian RV and/or utility hook ups. Any "tent" side that has a relatively flat parking spot backed into the site is more fitting to our type of rigs/camping than an RV site...

So they don't let our rigs park in the tent sites?

In the photo it says "large tent and/or RV 20-foot or less"...so ours are permitted in some tent sites.

Right you are, my friend. My apologies. Come to think of it, I believe I've seen those well designed window shade supports before too. :D

I believe that rig belongs to Casa Escarlata Robles Too (Frank) from this forum. I'm sure he will confirm, if he is not out wandering. We almost always take tent sites without the hookup capabilities and have never had a problem. Ted, were is the thread on making those window shade supports? I would like to fabricate some, primarily for rainy days. Thanks - Richard

That was it Richard. I looked for posts by Frank and found the one with the storm flaps. I wonder if Xanterra gives him free camping for being an example photo?

Here is the thread on building those flaps: Frank's flaps.

In the photo it says "large tent and/or RV 20-foot or less"...so ours are permitted in some tent sites.

Okay, good. I didn't want to get stuck with the big rigs if avoidable...

Ted my confused and directionally challenged brother, please lets keep the products straight!

Ok, Ok. Manufacturer name corrected in my original post. The mistake might be easier to avoid if you there were some obvious distinguishing features between them. :p

I wish everybody would quit ganging up on my friend Ted. The only external difference between an older Four Wheel Camper and a new All Terrain Camper is the black stripe on the side of the FWC. It was an understandable mistake on Ted's part.

Ok, Ok. Manufacturer name corrected in my original post. The mistake might be easier to avoid if you there were some obvious distinguishing features between them. :p

Y'mean like No Stripe?

Y'mean like No Stripe?

The photo shows my All Terrain Camper (no stripe) in front and DD's and SemiMike's FWCs (note black stripes) in the rear.
gallery_172_51_1744.jpg

That was it Richard. I looked for posts by Frank and found the one with the storm flaps. I wonder if Xanterra gives him free camping for being an example photo?

Here is the thread on building those flaps: Frank's flaps.

Thanks Ted - You also have a strut system for extending the storm flaps out for shade or rain protection, don't you? Frank's set up sure is nice.

Stew, my friend, I appreciate your coming to my defense once again. Trying to get even more Guiness out of me??? ;)

Jay, good point on the stripe. That is something I can look for in the future. Still it isn't a unique design. My point was just to point out that a camper of the design we all tend to favor is being prominantly displayed on a national reservation system. And I still think that Frank should be getting free campsites as royalties. :D

Wow,I was just surfing the WTW site and came across this post.No they don't give me free sites,bummer.In Yellowstone when you camp at a reservable campground one of the first things they ask is the size of your rig,(they ask for feet) than assign you a site or you can request a site by number and if it's open you can get it.At Madison campground they do have tent only sites but a lot of their tent sites can fit our rigs.

No royalties on the flaps,though I might make a mod to mine by using threaded elbows instead of slip on.Just that they won't come apart so easily.But they sure work nicely and so simple.I try to design the mods I make to" KISS" like the rear awning I made from the cargo cover from my Ford Escape.I like the simple design and it only takes about to the count of 6 to set up and doesn't need any storage like the New FWC option,and less expensive.IMO.The rear awning is under the ATC thread "rear awning part dour",check it out,there isn't any charge.

I'll have to search the Xnaterra site for that campground picture,don.t know where they got it.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom