Isotherm refrigerator racks sliding forward

Openroad

We have a 2022 Hawk with a side dinette and an Isotherm refrigerator right next to the door. The issue we have is that the racks in the refer keep sliding forward towards the front of the refrigerator. When that happens, stuff falls off the rack in the back and creates a mess.

I was thinking about removing the racks and "building them up" so they wont slide in the wall grooves but I can't remove the racks because the refrigerator door gets in the way (It can only open 90 degrees). In essence, the racks cannot be removed without removing the refrigerator or its door.

Does anybody have any thoughts on how the keep the racks from sliding that does not involve removing the refrigerator or its door?

I have nearly the same fridge and discovered that the door pops off its hinge pin when you lift it on the hinge side and swing out the bottom. At first I panicked that I had broken something, but it popped back on. Now, we pull it off for big cleans. Go slow, your fridge may differ.

OP,

I had the same issue, If you pull the shelves out, you're able to bend the side pieces of the rack outward slightly. This seemed to put enough outward pressure on the walls of the fridge that they hold in place much more securely.

I finally built up enough nerve to try and pop off the door and it just wouldn't budge. I suspect given enough pressure it might, but the thought of me breaking something keep me from doing that.

I finally wrapped some thin foam around the rack wire that fits in the groove. Not easily done but doable. That really seemed to increase the side pressure so I'm hoping that will do it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom