It's a sad day...

DLN

It's a sad day in many ways for us, we've decided to sell the Eagle and move on to something like a loaded Class B. I know, what the f**k are you thinking? Well, much like Patrick and Les we decided we want a little more space and comfort for longer and longer road trips. The nature of the trips we're taking is changing every year and having more space, a real fridge, AC, and a good shower with hot water have become important to us. We're really going to miss the FWC and the ability to get into the wild but we decided we could still use the tent on those rare occasions.

So, the '06 Eagle is going up for sale on Craigslist within the next couple of days. I'd like to give our members and their friends first shot at the camper so drop me a PM and I'll fill you in on the details. If any non members are interested join up and send a PM.

I don't think I'll ever give up on this site and all the great people, excellent information and reports, and outstandingly imaginative ideas that have been shared over time. Thanks all for making WTW a great place to be.

It's a sad day in many ways for us, we've decided to sell the Eagle and move on to something like a loaded Class B. I know, what the f**k are you thinking? Well, much like Patrick and Les we decided we want a little more space and comfort for longer and longer road trips. The nature of the trips we're taking is changing every year and having more space, a real fridge, AC, and a good shower with hot water have become important to us. We're really going to miss the FWC and the ability to get into the wild but we decided we could still use the tent on those rare occasions.

So, the '06 Eagle is going up for sale on Craigslist within the next couple of days. I'd like to give our members and their friends first shot at the camper so drop me a PM and I'll fill you in on the details. If any non members are interested join up and send a PM.

I don't think I'll ever give up on this site and all the great people, excellent information and reports, and outstandingly imaginative ideas that have been shared over time. Thanks all for making WTW a great place to be.

As long as you and your family enjoy the trips and get out more that's all the matters!
:thumb: Been thinking a class B as well, but decided it's not time yet. Which model do you have in mind.

I really want this site to be about wandering more than a specific type of camper. All are welcome :)

I really want this site to be about wandering more than a specific type of camper. All are welcome :)

Thanks......................

DLN I hear you on some of those points. My mom just won't work with the FWC. Yup short trips can be had in the 4 Runner or a tent. Enjoy your new adventures and that Eagle should go fast!

Glad to hear you plan to remain here DLN, hope you post some pics of the new rig when you get it. Somebody is gonna score a nice Eagle!

Although I do enjoy reading about camper mods and Fisherman's jokes and such, it's the trip reports that keep me coming back. I'm looking forward to hearing about your further adventures.

I had a FWC back in the early 90's. Then got a full sized truck camper. Built a TJ and and towed it for a while, then added trailer rig with a Roof top Tent. Now I'm back to a Hawk. I'm sure at some point a 5th wheel or a pusher will be in the picture. It's all part of the wandering adventure. We all use what's best for our current adventure. As was said before. Keep getting out there and enjoy the adventure. Keep us posted on what you get and the travels you enjoy!:thumb:

Thanks for all the positive responses guys, I really won't have expected less from the WTW family. As of about 10:00 AM it looks like the camper is sold to a great couple with FWC experience. We're just waiting for their deposit to be confirmed and have tentative (or maybe solid) plans to have them pick it up on Saturday. I'll include more details when all is done and with permission from the buyers as this is a very interesting and potentially fulfilling story.

Hopin' for the best for all involved, DLN.

FWIW, I won't reveal my "guess' of whom you may be speaking of but I have high hopes that it is also who I am thinking of. Either way, someone will be stoked/very happy!! (I'll chime in if you reveal the new owner's ID at some point and my guess is correct)

Can't wait to see where you're adventure takes you from here....

good luck!

mtn

Ah, well...

DLN,

I hold your modifications in high esteem and am selfishly sad you -- Patrick, too! -- are done. I hope the next camper helps you camp more/better. I have thought a few times I'd like to look at a custom Alaskan Camper... Anyway, keep us posted!

Heartbreaker.... and yet, congratulations.

While I love your customized FWC, I really enjoy your presence and input here even more. Keep posting no matter where you lay your head in the field.

DLN...I too have enjoyed reading about your camper mods and contributions to this group. I will miss that. Please keep us informed on your future travels.

It will likely have a factory job of some type but I'm sure I won't quite like it so even though I haven't seen it I know it won't be quite right.
And so it goes.

someones going to get a super nice camper...sorry to see it go.

all is well, thanks for askin'...been super busy workin on the new house and skiin'...haven't been out in the camper once all winter! but times are a changin'...spring is in the air, well, other than the 12 in of snow we got yesterday! cheers, hijack over.

Nice truck

For us newbie Toyota/ ATC Bobcat owners, can you list some pics before you get rid of your rig. Maybe you want to tow it behind the motor home?

Thank you, Darryl

2001 Tacoma Std Cab 4X4 Auto. Fully Loaded Bobcat, Supersprings and Helwig Stablizer.

Back
Top Bottom