Its over

Darryla

Well its over. Fishing season in the Sierras for 2011 is done. The roads are all snowed in and the legal season is over next week and more snow is scheduled for then. What will I do until April? I went up Hwy 4 yesterday morning, but it became evident very quickly that the season was over. I came home late yesterday as it was beginning to snow more. After reading the road reports this morning that was the right thing to do. I love the mountains, but I am not stupid. One should call it good at any early sign of trouble and not take unneeded risks. I do not have any pictures this year as I gave my camera to a little kid earlier in the year and didn't get around to affording another one yet. I will try some coastal trips through December and then put the camper away.

I look forward to reading other's adventures.

Darryl

You're kidding, right? Have you never eaten the most wonderful food in the world- Dungeness Crab? The season just opened this weekend. Oh, sure, its not the same as fighting a fish on your line. But the taste of fresh crab can't be beat. So get over to the coast and toss some traps. :D

I hear you, been lamenting the loss of trout season myself. But the good news is that Winter Steelhead is just getting going and I will be swinging for chrome on the coastal rivers for the next three months.

If you can't get north to do some steelhead fishing, you could always spend your winter tying up some new flies and watching fishing videos on Hooked Up Films! :D

Well its over. Fishing season in the Sierras for 2011 is done. The roads are all snowed in and the legal season is over next week and more snow is scheduled for then. What will I do until April? I went up Hwy 4 yesterday morning, but it became evident very quickly that the season was over. I came home late yesterday as it was beginning to snow more. After reading the road reports this morning that was the right thing to do. I love the mountains, but I am not stupid. One should call it good at any early sign of trouble and not take unneeded risks. I do not have any pictures this year as I gave my camera to a little kid earlier in the year and didn't get around to affording another one yet. I will try some coastal trips through December and then put the camper away.

I look forward to reading other's adventures.

Darryl

I found that the waters in my area of the Sierra, the N.Stan were high most of the season.I did manage to do good at some of the lakes but not as many fish.Being a catch and release fisher I see a lot more people are keeping them for food,I hope.Did good in Denali though where there isn't really much clear water to fish in.Also caught some grayling in the Yukon.But for the first time in 30 years I went without even a hit at Heenan Lake.Oh well the trees were beautiful and the eagles were there.It is still nice to stand there with my bamboo rod and hook a few fish.Might try steel head this year if the rivers here in the Monterey area have enough water.
Next April will be here soon enough or head to Colorado where the season is open all year.I always have my Trout Unlimited calendar to look at during the no fishing times.
Frank

Grayling from Caribou Creek a clear stream at the Savage River area.Had a lot of fun catching there guys on dry flies.Not big but fun on my 6.5' bamboo.

Frank

Attachments

• DSCN0149.jpg
    DSCN0149.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCN0150.jpg
    DSCN0150.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 95
Arizona in the Winter.

Or,

It's Summer in New Zealand.
Granted, I have to save up for the trip, once every three years, or so (next year).

Some ideas for trout in AZ.With camping.Thanks
Frank

Back
Top Bottom