Jack Bracket Extensions pertaining to 2016+ Tacoma

Holmes

Advanced Member
I've got an 18 tacoma with oversized tires. They stick out, if I had to guess about an inch from the fender well at most. I was told the clearance on a stock tacoma is pretty tight from the rear fender well to the jack stand when installing the camper. I also can't currently find any extensions either and before I make them I wanted to see if I really needed them. I still think I should be fine when I install my camper next week but not sure. Any and all input would be appreciated.

One of your other posts said your camper is a Swift. The body of a Swift is 75” wide. The jack brackets extend beyond the body about 2”. When you mount the jacks the tube is right at the edge of the bracket. So the gap between the jacks is at most 79”. Personally, I would not want less than a 2” gap on each side of the truck body or tires for the front jacks, so if your tires or fender flares are more than 75” wide, I’d suggest getting extensions for the front jacks. I paid $65 for a pair from Mule Outfitters.

Thanks for the dimensions. Mule is out of the extensions. Like I said I can fabricate my own and maybe I should just in case. I'll take some measurements of the rig tomorrow and see what I decide. Thanks

Holmes said:
Thanks for the dimensions. Mule is out of the extensions. Like I said I can fabricate my own and maybe I should just in case. I'll take some measurements of the rig tomorrow and see what I decide. Thanks
I think making your own would be a good idea if you have the time.

I have a 2005 Tacoma with an ATC Bobcat, I have extensions for the front jacks that I made. I used 1/4” by 4” steel flat bar cut to 13” drilled appropriate holes and painted, works like a charm. This gave me 3” of additional clearance on each side.

I made them for my old FWC Ranger on a Tundra. I used 1/4" aluminum and they worked fine for years.

20161105_132113_001-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom