Jack for new 3500 Ram Chassis Cab?

Durango1

So the aluminum flat bed is being mounted today and hopefully we'll be trekking up to Bozeman, MT for our new Grandby FB model this week. My Ram came without a spare tire (a whole 'nother story in itself) and without a jack.

So I bought one of these three ton rated jacks and am now overwhelmed by self-doubt! As in will 3 tons be enough? Knowing Sioux and me we'll likely have the Ram close to it's GVWR of 11,000#! So will this jack be enough to change a spare tire?

Many thanks in advance! Steve

Hey Steve, I went to check my smaller jack that I used for my flat tire pic that I posted recently thinking it was a 3T but no it's a 6T. But who knows if these numbers are correct anyway. FWIW the oem for mine was a 2T (mechanical), the 450,550 is a 4T (I think hydraulic). Truly I think the oem size would be sufficient at gvw so you should be ok imo.

Again, I'd recommend you check that it will fit with underneath the jacking point(s) with a fully flat tire.

klahanie said:
Again, I'd recommend you check that it will fit with underneath the jacking point(s) with a fully flat tire.
That's a good point- it is 11" high at its lowest position!

Zing !

Ok, so leave some room in one of those storage boxes for a couple 4x4" to drive up onto ...

I just posted about that jack in another thread.
I have an F-350 srw with a Hallmark camper and gross over 10,000 pounds and it worked on a flat I had last fall in Canada.

Carry a square board or aftermarket for a secure platform in the dirt.

Back
Top Bottom