Janabanana looking for pop up camper

Janabanana

Hi...we live in the Kootenays in Southern BC and are looking for a 4 wheel pop up camper to fit our Ford Ranger. Our wheel base measures 40" so we need a smaller model. Can anyone help us with this?

@Janabanana, since no one has replied I will. What you are looking for is the holy grail of pop up campers, a used, reasonably priced Ranger II or Eagle model. There are some other mfgs, Skampers, Northstars which you may find if you look hard enough, but they will not be as readily available. A Bobcat from ATC would work as well. This thread is the best place to look, as Ski3pin does an incredible job of searching all of craigslist for you. Most other resources (ebay, the used four wheel camper site) are hit and miss at best.

Many people in your situation give up after a year or so of looking and purchase new. A Bobcat Shell from ATC is 6500-7000, you could of course then build it out yourself if you are handy.

Another option is to buy a different truck, and move to or at least pay and extended visit to Colorado. There are always a large number of older Granby's, Keystones etc which can be purchased for reasoable amounts there, as that's where FWC was based for twenty plus years. Need to make sure your truck would fit an older model of course.

I hope this helps you in some way.

Janabanana, I'll second what imix said. We were ready to order a new bobcat shell from All Terrain Campers after looking on craigslist for many many months. A used camper showed up and we grabbed it.

Check out this thread - link here - and go down to post #9 by LisaSG. This person is poised to sell a used FWC eagle. Send her a PM

Janabanana said:
Hi...we live in the Kootenays in Southern BC and are looking for a 4 wheel pop up camper to fit our Ford Ranger. Our wheel base measures 40" so we need a smaller model. Can anyone help us with this?
Hi there banana person - I have a nicely restored '98 Ranger for sale in S. Louisiana. I took it off a Ranger with 7.5 ft. bed and then modified it to fit a Tacoma 6 ft. bed, so it my not work for you now. If interested, given the distance, we can discuss and do some measurements to be sure. Please reply to tnscootsATcox.net.
Tom

Janabanana,

Used eagle for sale here, just posted by us. With 40" not sure if it would fit the Ranger. Can try and get a measurement, but it is mounted on our Tundra right now. Stan at FWC would know what models would fit your Ranger.

Good luck,
Neil

Back
Top Bottom