Jemez Mountain Loop in New Mexico

Bosque Bill

I wrote in tedious detail describing every boring detail of this three day trip, so I recommend you click on the first photo to open the light box, then use your arrow keys to navigate though the full-size photos; some of them are pretty nice, IMHO.

Jemez Mountain Loop

If you are curious on how to pronounce "Jemez" you will have to read at least a little of the text :p

Bill, I enjoyed reading your report- great photos as usual. I really like the closeups of the dragonflies and other critters. The scenery looks fantastic.

Very nice Mr. Bill. We very much enjoyed your report. Thanks for the reminder on Jemez pronunciation. I've also been working bosque.

An enjoyable read with your usual great photos. Thanks for posting it, and also for the post-mortem on the Las Conchas burn. Were there many vehicles parked at the trailhead leading to San Pedro Parks wilderness?

dorocks said:
I have always wondered how to distinquish a chipmunk from a squirrel?
Chipmunks are usually much smaller than ground squirrels, granted that may be hard to determine in isolation, but if it looks like a squirrel, it probably is - if it seems more delicate and mouse-like, it's probably a chipmunk.

A good indicator: the chipmunk has stripes above and below the eye, running the length of the head, while the squirrel has only a simple eye-ring.

highz said:
An enjoyable read with your usual great photos. Thanks for posting it, and also for the post-mortem on the Las Conchas burn. Were there many vehicles parked at the trailhead leading to San Pedro Parks wilderness?
The San Pedro Wilderness trailhead parking was about 3/4 full on a Friday afternoon. Forgot to mention in my blog that by the time I left there were about a dozen folks fishing and picnicking.

The Thompson Ridge fire was less intense and farther from the road, so didn't look as bad. However, it caused plenty of flooding on Jemez tributaries, such as the Rio San Antonio, and even down usually dry washes.

ski3pin said:
Very nice Mr. Bill. We very much enjoyed your report. Thanks for the reminder on Jemez pronunciation. I've also been working bosque.
When I was growing up on Albuquerque I only heard it pronounced as BAH-ski. Since I moved back here about six years ago, I hear many people giving it a more Spanish pronunciation as BOS-key, with the 'o' sounding more like 'oh'. If that makes any sense.

Bosque Bill said:
When I was growing up on Albuquerque I only heard it pronounced as BAH-ski. Since I moved back here about six years ago, I hear many people giving it a more Spanish pronunciation as BOS-key, with the 'o' sounding more like 'oh'. If that makes any sense.
Sure does. Stew was helping me with the Spanish. It brought back those years of high school Spanish so many years ago.......................

Back
Top Bottom