Joshua Tree NP

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
After the 3 day visit in March,to friends in Oceanside thought about JTNP,as a trip sorta on the way home.
Checked mileage seems easy and short to the park and home from there.
Would go in the south entrance spend a night there than a couple days north through the park and other camps..
Any info would be nice.
Time about 13 March/16 March.
Thanks Frank

Frank, avoid spring break if you can. It loads up with lots of folks then. We didn't have a 'bad' experience, but it wasn't quiet either.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Frank, avoid spring break if you can. It loads up with lots of folks then. We didn't have a 'bad' experience, but it wasn't quiet either.
Thanks Steve.Don't know if spring break down there is around the middle of March.
Easter is the 27th so I would think our plan time might be just before break time.
This will a total "fly by the seat of the pants".We will visit the friends but if things aren't looking good we will just drive the car down south.
I checked out Dirty Dog's report and got some good info.
I plan to start at the south entrance which isn't used as much,or that's what the NP info says.
It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Oceanside,I figure leaving early Sunday morning and spend the first night at Cottonwood CG.which is the lesser used one.
That way We'll be in the park and can get a good spot at some of the interior camps.
That's the thinking now. It's a plan as we go sorta trip.That seems like we plan a lot of our great trips.
Being retired helps though.
Thanks.
Frank

I enjoy JTNP. Time change on March 13th this year. Get up early and watch the sunrise, of the reddest I have seen when we were there.

101+Sunrise+from+the+Hawk+window.jpg
104+Sunrise.jpg

Back
Top Bottom