Jr. Tow Missle in Training

Marc

Fire Proof
Here are some recent additions I made to my Rig that I thought I'd share with you. Installed the the Buckstop bumper this past weekend, (Thanks for the tips Fisherman) and now just finished wiring the Hella Lights.

Marc

Attachments

• 2008_0123682Xtrap0020.JPG
    2008_0123682Xtrap0020.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 438
  • 2008_0123682Xtrap0032.JPG
    2008_0123682Xtrap0032.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 422
  • 2008_0123682Xtrap0030.jpg
    2008_0123682Xtrap0030.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 418
  • 2008_0123682Xtrap0034.jpg
    2008_0123682Xtrap0034.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 419
  • 2008_0123682Xtrap0036.jpg
    2008_0123682Xtrap0036.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 411
Really Nice Truck

Here are some recent additions I made to my Rig that I thought I'd share with you. Installed the the Buckstop bumper this past weekend, (Thanks for the tips Fisherman) and now just finished wiring the Hella Lights.

Marc
Well I guess this means i'm off to the powder coater, I never really did like the way my truck looked with agrey bumper, now I really don't. Marc, when you wire the lights try to find the factory relay for the stock aux. lights, a better install you won't have to mount that switch. Also If anybody is interested, just got home from a drift on the Eel River, 5 released steelhead,
FUN. Glad to know i'm not the only truck nut, very comforting.I haven't been on this site very long, but I feel that i've made a lot of new friends, great people.

Marc

I think you should limit your viewing of the TOW MISSLE RECIPE, for you it could prove to be very costly reading.

I think you should limit your viewing of the TOW MISSLE RECIPE, for you it could prove to be very costly reading.

I hear you on that. I wired the lights to my #4 Uplifter switch, 10Amp. Having those Uplifters makes wiring accessories pretty simple.

Marc

Marc how much did the bumper set you back.....and I love the uplifter switches on the fords....

Bumpers

I've been looking at Buckstop, Alien Patrol, and Iron Bull bumpers. How long did it take after you placed the order for them to ship it and what do you think of the quality?

Edo

It took about 3 weeks from start to finish and arrived on the exact day they said it would. Build Quality and finish are excellent. I too looked at a lot of bumpers before pulling the trigger and narrowed it down to either a ARB or the Buckstop. In the end the I chose the Buckstop due to ease of installation and all the praise that I had heard on other forums. If you order one have it sent to a buissness address and you will save on shipping.

Marc

Bumper

There is an outfit in Eureka that stocks Buck Stop bumpers, as well as Runeul. The name of the store is Redwood Marine, I have been able to deal with them on price in the past, hope this helps.

Marc thanks for the price quote. fisherman you have a phone number for redwood...thx....

Phone Number

actually talked to redwood marine this morning, they have a bumper for your truck in stock, it's grey like mine, the greym coating is the toughest pwder color you can get, thats whym I went for it. phone no. 707-443-7029 Camping on the North Coast, and a new bumper...........Priceless

Marc that bumper looks awesome! :cool:

One of the few disappointments with my truck is the lack of an available stout front end replacement like that.

Very burly and really ties it all together, nicely done.

Awesome looking bumper, I see they are made in Newberg, OR and was going to go down and check them out until I watched the installation video on their web site, wt >300# which makes it strong (1/4” steel) but my truck (’04 F-350 diesel crew cab) is front heavy enough already.

Thanks

Edo

It took about 3 weeks from start to finish and arrived on the exact day they said it would. Build Quality and finish are excellent. I too looked at a lot of bumpers before pulling the trigger and narrowed it down to either a ARB or the Buckstop. In the end the I chose the Buckstop due to ease of installation and all the praise that I had heard on other forums. If you order one have it sent to a buissness address and you will save on shipping.

Marc

Thanks, I appreciate the info. Just like everything else, all it takes is money, and spending that money wisely becomes a matter of lots of research.

Weight

Awesome looking bumper, I see they are made in Newberg, OR and was going to go down and check them out until I watched the installation video on their web site, wt >300# which makes it strong (1/4” steel) but my truck (’04 F-350 diesel crew cab) is front heavy enough already.

Asuming that you took off the original bumper, you would be increasing the weight of your truck by aprox. 180#.

Just wondering

Is this a result of actual surprise encounters with large wildlife, or are we talking testosterone-boosting cosmetics here?

I wish I could find some of the pics I've seen people of collsions they've been in with an aftermarket bumper like the Reunel. Other guy gets totalled, truck with aftermarket bumper has a hardly a scratch. Wish I could afford one.

Back
Top Bottom