Just a three hour drive

Carry a tree saver and a snatch block. And be careful, winches can kill used improperly. Wish I could afford one for my truck. I do have one on the Jeep of course.

Just a winch is not the cure all. I’ve got the 4 Runner set up now for off road adventure. Just did a 2 week vacation that included towing the Casita into a remote location with deep endless sand.

Because we go alone I have bought items to be used based on the condition of stuck. First is an air compressor. Just a third of your tire pressure drop will spread your load out on the tire footprint and then can drive away. I ran 18psi in the deep sand and had no problems. Then just aired back up back at the main road. A set of Max Trax sand ladders from Austrial that can be used in sand, mud or snow. Then a High Lift jack, Spread footing base and the hooks that will fit in the wheel spokes. Jack up a wheel and backfill and drive on. A shovel of course.

I have a front receiver welded to the front of the Runner that can support the whole weight of the Runner. Quick connect wiring to the front and back. A Warn 8000lb winch in a cradle to fit front or back. Various straps and tree protectors. A Pull Pal when there is no anchors.

I might guess if you had a shovel, High Lift jack and lowered air pressure or even the Max Trax you could have kept moving.

Back
Top Bottom