LA-SF-Sacto-Tahoe-LA

ETAV8R

Soon I will be leaving on a cool solo trip in the Oxcart (my FWC Finch). I will be visiting a friend in San Francisco heading up this coming weekend. Then staying with some friends in Sacramento. Then onto Tahoe and staying with friends there. Friends are good to have all over. Well after Tahoe proper my buddy from SF wants to do a camping trip up at Bowman Lake. The pictures make this look great.

On my way back from Tahoe I will be taking my favorite 395 south. Would like some suggestions for the northern part of 395. I've been up to Wheeler Crest, Bodie, and briefly Mono Lake. I know there are so many great places up that way to see.

If you are going to Bowman, you might consider Milton. There's a few lakeside camp spots and more up stream. It's grassy and much nicer than bowman. Bowman is really low right now. Also look up Fauchery, which has fantastic scenery, surrounded by granite domes.

The trip got reversed. I was with a group at Sawmill lake near Bowman. It was awesome! In Tahoe now and will be heading to Sacto then to the bay area.

Ran into a member from WTW right near my camp...light...
:D

ACEBLACKDOG said:
SADDLEBACK LAKE AREA JUST EAST OF YOSEMITE ON SR 120 IS A GREAT PLACE TO SEE...
Not trying to be picky, but just making sure I understand your recommendation... I assume you meant "Saddlebag" Lake? Any particular spot?

Now in the bay area. Camped at China Camp last night and heading to the City for the weekend. It was very cool to run into Lighthawk in the middle of nowhere. Sorry we didn't talk more once I found my group. Will post a trip report with tons of pics when I get back home.

"Sorry we didn't talk more"

The middle of nowhere is our backyard : )

Was that your group next door?
We went up to paddle Faucherie the next day.

That was my group next door. We had a great weekend. Saturday we set up a range with targets and did some shooting. Myself and my friend are former Marines and he is currently a range safety officer with a LEO group.

Ahhh Faucherie lake...lets just say I learned a valuable lesson about my swimming ability or lack there of. I've always thought of myself as a strong swimmer. Truly the biggest scare of my life at that lake. More to come.

Back
Top Bottom