Lagun Cockpit Table

It is here, but as the truck is down @ Ventura 4x4 getting a Power-lock rear diff installed I haven't been able to install it. First impression is good, though I'm suspecting that it's couple of plastic bits are not plastic in the Lagun made assembly. I like that it has a dove-tail on the table plate to hang the post assembly on when collapsed. Too bad that they didn't cut the horizontal part shorter so that you don't have to rotate it sideways 90° first for it to fit. If it proves to be a pain I'll shorten the end at the vertical post.

Some pics, left them large (for now).

Horizontal arm:
IMG_0450.jpg

Table plate:
IMG_0451.jpg

Anchor plate:
IMG_0455.jpg

Included anchor plate spacing shims, white plastic are 1/8" thick and the plywood is 10mm.
IMG_0454.jpg

Damn, that looks just like my Swedish one, even down to the shims.

What is the weight of the entire setup? Mine weighs right at 10lb.

Where did you buy it from?

Thanks Thom.

According to our bath scale it's 6.5 lbs less the shims.
I bought it from the Cascade Depot link previously posted in this thread.

All of the aluminum parts were anodized prior to being cut to length and having any machining done. So the cut faces are raw, bright aluminum. I'm not too excited about buying a chinese clone, but I do think that this item is more than worth the price. What remains to be seen is how long it lasts. I expect the first failure mode to be the plastic pins on the table plate and the top of the post. If they do fail I can make new pins from something more durable, but I'm going to wait for that to happen before thinking on it further.

...as the truck is down @ Ventura 4x4 getting a Power-lock rear diff installed...

Ruben is the MAN!

IMG_0593.JPGIMG_0592.JPGIMG_0590.JPGIMG_0588.JPGIMG_0591.JPGIMG_0587.JPG

We ordered the "Chinese" version of the Lagun table support and it was delivered last week. It was fairly easy to modify and install and we are very happy with the results. Here are some pictures to show you how it went:
1. the first picture shows the aluminum base which I needed to shorten about a 1/4" to allow the upper mounting holes to clear the bottom of the ledge on the outside of the camper. I used 1 1/2" long 1/4" flat head screws with washers and self locking nuts to mount it. I also rounded the top of the wedge so it would not snag on the bed cushion when it is rotated down.
2. You can see the base nicely clears the bed cushion. I mounted it off center forward so it would clear the bed cushion linkage.
3. the upright post needed to be shortened about 7" to get the correct table height. You can cut it to your personal preference. I cut off the bottom so I would not have to do any welding. I redrilled the clamping bolt hole and extended the slot that is necessary to allow the clamp to work.
4. I mounted the table plate off center so the table could be offset more left or right by rotating it 180 degrees.
5. and 6. here are the installed pictures. One other small upgrade I would recommend is filing the holes on the square end of the clamping bolts to allow the heads to come down flush on the aluminum bars. (Sounds confusing but it will make sense when you see the parts as shipped).

The whole assembly is reasonably stable and strong. We just came back from a 1,000 mile trip with it installed and it didn't move at all in transit. Enjoy, Bill & June

Been thinking to look for this thread and update our experiences. Since it's here:
Ours has had one of the quick-turn clamps go semi-stripped in the splines that allow the handle to be repositioned. I am considering ordering all new quality parts from MSC-Direct or Reid Tool. We've only got one short trip on it along with some around town driving, but it's a bit more wobbly than I'd like. I may have to make new pins before they fail. I suspect that part of the issue is the size and weight of the table top.

Hi Thom,
Very sorry to hear about the failure :(
That was the clone from China that you got, right?
Hope the repairs go smoothly ! :)

It hasn't yet failed, it's just not as rigid as I was hoping for and what rigidity there is seems to be slowly going away. It is the clone.

Sorry, I was referring to the comment about the clamps...
Sure hope you can get it taken care of :)

Are there any new sources for the Lagun table/mounts?
The old link provided does not have an order option for the mounts. Hotlinks yes but when clicked it says "page not found".

Are there any new sources for the Lagun table/mounts?
The old link provided does not have an order option for the mounts. Hotlinks yes but when clicked it says "page not found".

I just found this page:
svHotWire Lagun Table Bracket

It seems to be current...

Back
Top Bottom