Lagun Cockpit Table

Same post from my build page...Finally pulled the camper off the truck. Primarily to do my Lagun table bracket installation. Took an extra day since the bolts supplied were either too long or too short. The top were too long and stuck out in the small storage cubby and the lower ones didn't even get past the two layers of wood on the side of the camper.
Here are a couple cell phone pics.

Nice job! That would work well in our setup but I haven't been willing to pull the plug on buying one yet. It looks like it will be very useful and convenient but easy to get out of the way.

Groan.....

We sure like our clone, but before the trip next weekend I need to address it's short-comings. The pin attached to the plate under the table top has broken loose and allows the top to wobble excessively. Am thinking to make one from aluminum and weld it to the plate.

FWIW, it was a bit of a reach but with my wife inside holding a ratchet on the bolt heads I was able to stick the nuts & washers together with a dollop (technical term) of grease and install them on the bolts, and then she tightened them without removing the camper from the truck.

It's good to see this thread is still alive!

I've had my Lagun mount a couple of years now and it is still as perfect as the first day I installed it.

This is still my favorite mod out of all the ones I've done.

leadsled9 said:
It's good to see this thread is still alive!

I've had my Lagun mount a couple of years now and it is still as perfect as the first day I installed it.

This is still my favorite mod out of all the ones I've done.
Me, too!
Even at the full $wedi$h price, the value received made it SOOO worthwhile. Life-changing...at least, one small part of my life. ;)

Neither

I think we have been using something similar, but different.

We looked at everything we could and never found what we wanted at the right price.

Most of our customers didn't want to spend $300+ for a table.

But we are still working on a new table design for the near future.

We're always on the hunt for good quality parts & pieces that will improve our campers.

Anyone know if the Lagun will work with a roll over couch? It seems like you'd have to shim the base of the table bracket out so the table post will clear the seat cushion of the roll over couch.

Leadsled9,
This is a great idea...the placement of the mounting bracket. Modifications are needed, I know. I realize the dimensions of the table/hardware reflect the physical size of the user, but I'm interested in (as a starting point) your table size, how many inches were removed from both extension bars and you already said you shortened the mounting plate 1". Type of bolds/washers/nuts? Anything else I need to know for a clean and rock solid install? Thank you.

Bwht4x4 said:
Anyone know if the Lagun will work with a roll over couch? It seems like you'd have to shim the base of the table bracket out so the table post will clear the seat cushion of the roll over couch.
I have the roll over couch in my Finch and it works fine with the table in place. Next time I fold it out I will have to take a look at where the cushion meets the table post.

Bwht4x4 said:
Did you see my installation -- with the roll over couch (back a few pages in this thread)?

NorCalHawk said:
Leadsled9,
This is a great idea...the placement of the mounting bracket. Modifications are needed, I know. I realize the dimensions of the table/hardware reflect the physical size of the user, but I'm interested in (as a starting point) your table size, how many inches were removed from both extension bars and you already said you shortened the mounting plate 1". Type of bolds/washers/nuts? Anything else I need to know for a clean and rock solid install? Thank you.
Table size: 32"X19"

Vertcal extension bar: 12.75 inches
Horizontal extension bar: 10.50 inches

I don't recall bolt size/length. Just bring your mounting plate with you to the hardware store and get what fits.

You can also add a small drawer under the table so figure that into your calculations.

sliding drawer1 - DSC_04800002.JPG

sliding drawer2 - DSC_04790001.JPG

Leadsled9,
Thank you for your reply. This will help, however, I may look into cutting a few+ inches from the bottom vertical bar, drill a new hole for the ratchet if need be, rather than cutting and splicing the center back together as you did, which looks great...I have limited welding skills. John, from SV Hotwire in Florida, where I purchased my table seems to think this will work just fine... I will use my original FWC table top for now. For those out there who are interested in a purchase: Lagun Table Bracket and hardware; $225.00/Shipping to (Eureka) Northern California; $20.00. Like you said Leadsled, I feel this will be one of the best modifications I will make to my Hawk.
Thanks again.

Received my Lagun table today. Nice quality throughout...way to go Sweden. However, after looking at the vertical/horizontal extension bars it looks like I will shorten them by cutting a piece from the middle and doing a re-weld, as mentioned earlier in this topic.
Thanks for your help and input....

Bwht4x4 said:
I just ordered this table and installed it after reading through this posting. It is such a big improvement from the previous set up. The table swivels into several positions that make life much better. I mounted mine about half way across the bench to allow it to move in several directions. I would highly recommend it to anyone with our camper setup. I was so frustrated by the previous table because my kids would forever bumping it and spilling on the carpet. Now - we still spill of course - but no one can blame it on the table!
full

full

full

DrJ said:
I just ordered this table and installed it after reading through this posting. It is such a big improvement from the previous set up. The table swivels into several positions that make life much better....I was so frustrated by the previous table because my kids would forever bumping it and spilling on the carpet...
Isn't it great?! :)
And childless retired guys love it, too! :D

mojave joe said:
Has anyone tried the "swing away table mount" from Cascade Depot?
http://www.cascadedepot.com/servlet/the-668/Swing-Away-Table-Mount/Detail

The cost is still considerable, but much easier to digest than the Lagun..
That is the table mount that came in my Hawk shell with front dinette. I moved to the side and it is working OK. Not real solid, but I have not seen a Lagun mount so I do not know how solid they are. I did have to make a spacer to turn the top lever to tighten. See my video before and after to see the table. At :38 there is a still of the front dinette showing the bracket. At 1:20 you can see how the table moves in it current side location. It works for me.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I went to Springfield Marine's website ( the manufacturer) and found a "scratch and dent" for $85 and took the chance it will work okay. From your video it looks like it will do the job.

Back
Top Bottom