Lagun Cockpit Table

chnlisle

Post Master
I've contacted the manufacturer of the Laguna Cockpit Table Base as well as Florida retailer. I'm hoping one or the other will give me a wholesale price or at the very least quantity discount. From my research my sense is the manufacturer is very slow (if at all) in answering product information questions. As soon as I get any response I'll post it here.

I'm not quite sure where this topic goes but since I'm an ATC dealer I'll put it here.

DD, please move this topic if I've got it wrong.

It turns out that in order to make more than $10 per Table Frame I'd need to import hundreds of these things and considering the $75 knock off I just don't see that happening. I'm sticking with my original design which in the long run I think will be more stable and when all is said and done will cost me less than $50.

The hinges I'm using have a positive lock open position making for less chance of movement.
cougar table_0001.jpgCougar Leg Hinge.gif

These brackets are very stable. I've used them on sailboats and have been very satisfied.
table brackets.jpg

So other than the dealers of the $300 Lagun pedestal, is there anyone out there who can vouch for the low quality of the $75 knock off? I'm a firm believer in getting what you pay for; however this items seems easy to duplicate at a much lower cost. Anyone tried the "Lagun-style" or the Springfield Marine version? Let's hear it.

So other than the dealers of the $300 Lagun pedestal, is there anyone out there who can vouch for the low quality of the $75 knock off? I'm a firm believer in getting what you pay for; however this items seems easy to duplicate at a much lower cost. Anyone tried the "Lagun-style" or the Springfield Marine version? Let's hear it.

I was going to order the one from Ebay just to see what it was like, but "No Returns." So I will leave that to somebody else.

Here is a source for both Lagun-style and Springfield pedestals:

http://www.cascadedepot.com/servlet/the-TABLES/s/26/Categories

They have a seven day retun policy. I'm thinking about it.

I'll be watching this thread to see what happens.

I am a staunch believer in having as many things as possible serve more than one purpose. So I am thinking of replacing the wood table top with an aluminum one so I can replace the ratty wood on the roof rack that I stand on to photograph from, the table top would then reside on the roof until needed. In the Winter time I use the base as a deflector for the heater.

I'll be watching this thread to see what happens.

I am a staunch believer in having as many things as possible serve more than one purpose. So I am thinking of replacing the wood table top with an aluminum one so I can replace the ratty wood on the roof rack that I stand on to photograph from, the table top would then reside on the roof until needed. In the Winter time I use the base as a deflector for the heater.

Do you have the couch or the dinette in your camper?

Does anyone have a picture of one of these tables completed and installed? I am thinking about one in my dinette.

Does anyone have a picture of one of these tables completed and installed? I am thinking about one in my dinette.

I have one in my dinette and it is great! The best mod I've done so far besides the dinette. It allows you to get rid of the big disk and pole that is always in the way. There is so little room for feet with the dinette setup as it is.....and the pole and mounting disk take up to a third of what's there.

There was going to be a group buy....but then the price shot way up so interest fell through. There is a knock off selling much cheaper but I do not know what the quality is like.

The Lagun mount allows you move the table to where ever you want it. It allows up and down adjustment as well.

Warning......you cannot use it as it comes from the factory because it is too long (both pieces). I have a machinest friend who helped me cut the horozontal and verticle pieces so the mount would work in my Hawk. I chose to mount it completely out of the leg room area, so I had to have the mounting plate cut down as well....so the bolts would clear.

I will try to get you picutres later today.

Has anyone with a FWC dinette tried using the method Marty at ATC uses? The tube and attachment ring are mounted in the "shelf"so that the leg room is not compromised. The fold down table does sound like a good idea.What do you do when you convert the table to the bed,with the fold down>

Frank

Has anyone with a FWC dinette tried using the method Marty at ATC uses? The tube and attachment ring are mounted in the "shelf"so that the leg room is not compromised. The fold down table does sound like a good idea.What do you do when you convert the table to the bed,with the fold down>

Frank

The Lagun mount is not a fold down. I mounted mine in the "shelf" area too....so the leg room would not be compromised. The Lagun mount is rock solid. You will get a better idea after I get some pictures this afternoon. I lent my camera out to someone and won't get it back until later. The Lagun mount allows you to swivel the table to many different configurations.

With the standard mount...it was really hard to just put your feet up on the other cushion as the leg was directly in the way.

I had FWC build my table to larger than normal proportions....three inches wider and several inches longer. There is room for a 17" laptop and two people can still eat dinner.

Here are some pics:

Lagun mount after having a machinist shorten both horizontal and vertical pieces...
lagun1_DSC_10290010.JPG

Mounting plate after it was shortened approximately 1 inch (so washers and nuts would clear horizontal shelf)...
lagun2_DSC_10270008.JPG

17" laptop and dinner for two.....
lagun3_DSC_10370018.JPG

Mount installed.....note room left for up/down adjustment....
lagun4_DSC_10320013.JPG

More...

Table installed.....
lagun5_DSC_10350016.JPG

Nothing to block leg room.....
lagun6__DSC_10360017.JPG

The mounting plate is small and almost flush...so it doesn't get in the way when you fold down the seat back for the bed.....
lagun7_DSC_10280009.JPG

Another view of mounting plate....
lagun8_DSC_10200001.JPG

Gotta love WTW....
lagun9_DSC_10390020.JPG

Note....the Lagun table mount was already a sturdy design...but after shortening both pieces...the mount is rock solid.

Looks great! Too bad you had to modify it though. If FWC had any sense regarding these tables (we have been telling them for years their tables are junk), they would have already had a similar table made at the proper dimensions.

Looks great! Too bad you had to modify it though. If FWC had any sense regarding these tables (we have been telling them for years their tables are junk), they would have already had a similar table made at the proper dimensions.

Thanks DirtyDog. I agree 100%.

My camper originally had the couch with the silly table on a pedestal. That was a horrible table arrangement. Then I had FWC do the dinette modification. The table was much better....but the darn table leg and mounting disk was always in the way.

The Lagun table mount finally completed my quest for a usable table that I really liked. With the standard mounting system I always had to break down the table for traveling since bouncing around would bounce the table off of the mounting leg. The Lagun mount is so secure.....the table can stay mounted while traveling.

I really like that table mount, just about a perfect solution to a nagging problem. Great job.

It is a great solution. Just be prepared to spend about $300 for the bracket, now that the US exchange rate is not as strong.

Warning......you cannot use it as it comes from the factory because it is too long (both pieces). I have a machinest friend who helped me cut the horozontal and verticle pieces so the mount would work in my Hawk. I chose to mount it completely out of the leg room area, so I had to have the mounting plate cut down as well....so the bolts would clear.

Thanks for posting the pictures. Looks like it worked great for you.

Bummer about needing to cut down the size. I am thinking I will have my table swing from one side of the camper into the middle, so it might work uncut for me. But I might be needing to make friends with a machinist.

Back
Top Bottom