Leavitt Lake

Your summer may not have turned out exactly as planned but you guys sure are making lemonade out of lemons so to speak! Your Plan B trips are likely beyond some folks wildest dream trips.

Hoping all turns out well with the pathology report, somehow I know it will.

Your summer may not have turned out exactly as planned but you guys sure are making lemonade out of lemons so to speak! Your Plan B trips are likely beyond some folks wildest dream trips.

Hoping all turns out well with the pathology report, somehow I know it will.

Mr. Sun, that was a very nice and kind comment that I very much appreciated reading this morning. Thank you. We both are very positive also..... :)

Thanks for the story and photos.In the late 50's my wife used to go to "Y" camp at Jack Hazard off hwy 108 before Kennedy Meadow. While at camp they would take week long pack trips. One she always talks about is into the Leavitt Lake area. the campers were dropped off in Leavitt Meadow and hiked the trails all the way back around Relief Res.and into Kennedy Meadow to be picked up and go back to camp.We have hiked back to Relief in 1979 when we were on one of our first camper trips. At that time we had a 79 Dodge Power wagon with a light weight hard sided camper.
Really enjoyed seeing the area again through your trip. I would like to make that trip one of these days,my wife would like to see her "old stomping grounds"
Good luck with the test results.
Thanks Frank

Hi Ski, another great report. I am wondering if you could share some photography secrets, your pictures look sort of dark, but the colors are still very rich. Any clues regarding your camera/filters/lenses/settings/etc/ would be appreciated.

I might need some knee work myself, and icing in one of those lakes looks like the way to do it. Let us know when you get the all clear from your next biopsy.

Thanks.

Your Leavitt Lake is sooooo much better than the one we have here in the Honey Lake Valley-wanna trade, give you a good deal on some sagebrush and the sewer pond that used to be the lake?:)

Smoke

Thank you for the great trip report and photos. I've been wanting to visit Leavitt Lake since I happened upon another trip report by a different couple with a FWC. Hope the icy waters helped the knee!

Back
Top Bottom