LED interior lights vs incandescent and Fluorescent

Thanks for the picture of the porch with the bulb installed.

I went with the 250L 3200K that is brown to yellow color and will have that on the outside porch with a clear lens cover. Could be a bug light color.

I do think the 200L @ 6500K will be on the blue side but will be mounted in a porch light inside the Casita bathroom in a wet humid area that looks like what these bulbs are made for. Had a led puck light mounted on the wall and with the mositure caused the batterys to go nasty. The light should be fine taking showers and using the room at night.

Just wanted to add, after reading this thread, I ordered a set of the LED porch light bulbs and the interior LED light fixtures from Tweety's as mentioned above. Everything came in within a few days and tonight in less than an hour, I had all the lights swapped into the camper. Got the 200 lum. ones for the two outside porch lights.

Waiting for it to get dark to see how well they work but from what I can tell so far, they should work great.

Thanks for the tips and links for these lights.
cool.gif

Welcome to the LED revolution. Your battery thanks you, and your shunt will reward you (sounds nasty, huh?). These days it's easy to either find replacement bulbs that are suited to your blast color tolerance (I use amber, it seems to smooth the ladies and my weary contact dust filled eyes better, and I hate hard white/blue - reminds me of cube days, plus less bug attraction), or add some really neat, really low milliamp fixtures to supplement the stock setup. Hell, you can even go big with LED and rig some serious spots/floods outside that don't even compare to the halogens in terms of draw.

I'm sold on these. Don't get excited and expect 1,000,000 lumens, but size accordingly and you will be super-happy. It's what you need, not what you can have, right? Always a compromise.

Just wanted to update things from our first trip out. I upgraded the lights to LED as stated above but we had never gone out with the camper before making this upgrade (only owned the FWC for 3 weeks or so).

The outside LED's at 200 lumens worked great. Bright enough to do what we needed to do around the camper but not so bright they were blinding or distracting. Definitely don't think I would have wanted them any lower in lumens.

The inside lights were great. Good task lighting without being overpowering. Having the option for one or both elements lit was really nice. Able to have the lower output for getting ready for bed and not needing the extra lumens.

Definitely two thumbs up and nice knowing I don't have to worry about current draw.

Again thanks to all those who recommended these.
cool.gif

I replaced my bulbs with LEDs like HighZ's. Think they might be the same ones. But out of 4 bulbs, two are white and two are red LEDs. I put the red ones on the side where you can leave just one bulb on, so you can use just red. It's really nice at night when you need to get up for some reason and want to see, but not blind everyone. We'll even leave a red one on when outside by the fire and the dog is sleeping on the couch- you go to get something and don't have to ruin your night vision. We just leave it on for hours and hours- it seems to runs on magic, not amps.

I want to do this exact thing...

Are the fixtures using incandescent 1156 bulbs?

Does anyone know how many bulbs are in a Raven standard incandescent configuration?

Back
Top Bottom