LED light change?

daverave

Hi everyone,
Well our Hawk has been pretty much sitting in our driveway since we drove the 24 miles from Woodland in late March. This is due to our very sick, 14.y.o., cat that has needed a lot of attention, modifications, surgery and money. We are now trying to figure out how to travel with him in the camper. Totally did not figure on that...

Anyway, we often sit in the camper in the driveway for a beer in the evening and figure stuff out. One of the things that I don't particularly like is the color of the interior LED lighting. It's too blue-white for me, kind of reminding me of the color of fluorescent lighting, yuck. I would much prefer that it was a warmer, more incandescent color. I haven't shopped this idea around yet but thought that perhaps someone may have had to change the LED bulbs. I would imagine too that they last a real long time.

Thanks for any suggestions/ideas.

daverave

precisely the reason I haven't changed ours out. wifee said absolutely ...NO....

another good idea hits the floor of the cutting room

she loves the warm yellow of inefficient....incandescent ...buy another battery ;)

LED light color is rated in Kelvin (a unit of temperature, makes no sense to me whatsoever, but it is what it is). Warm white is around 3500°K to maybe as much as 4000°K, but much above 4k and to me it starts to look too white & headed towards blue.

iu

Don't forget your red light. For those late night trips its really nice, more than I expected.

I've looked extensively for different colored flat LED bulbs like the ones inside the current FWC, with no luck. I would like to replace a couple with red bulbs. If anyone knows a source let me know.

BrianG said:
I've looked extensively for different colored flat LED bulbs like the ones inside the current FWC, with no luck. I would like to replace a couple with red bulbs. If anyone knows a source let me know.
I have purchased here.... Super Bright LEDs

This link goes to a page where I have selected 12v and warm white.

The LED double pancake lights in my 2015 Hawk are made by the Diamond Group (dg-USA.com). Mine are the Diamond Slim Line Double LED Dome, SKU 65430. They only have two bulbs for this fixture, a warm white bulb (SKU 65432-ww) and a daylight white (SKU 65432). No other colors are listed on their site unfortunately.

BrianG said:
The LED double pancake lights in my 2015 Hawk are made by the Diamond Group (dg-USA.com). Mine are the Diamond Slim Line Double LED Dome, SKU 65430. They only have two bulbs for this fixture, a warm white bulb (SKU 65432-ww) and a daylight white (SKU 65432). No other colors are listed on their site unfortunately.
I think these are the ones I have too. I also wanted one side to be red and the other white. The flat LED bulb for these is hard to find and like what you said, only available in white colors. No tacticool night vis red.
:ninja:

I've always had great luck with autolumination.com. It seems to me older folks don't like the "cool white" led light while it doesn't seem to bother the younger campers.

Red LED so your night vision is retained and you don't pee on your foot outside at night :D ; nor wake up your partner inside..not certain how well the amber rear light will fit the bill.

Or so it would seem to me...being a Silver Back such 0300 hrs trips are routine.

Phil

Dupli-Color SP888 VHT Nite Shades Tranlucent Red Lens Paint at Summit Racing. Google really is great! Has anyone tried it.

I hear you Phil on those night time relief trips although I usually make it to 4-5 am depending on when I turn in. I've got a red light setting on my head torch (flashlight) that works great. I thought about the film idea for making the lites warmer without the waste/expense of buying new bulbs. I might try that first.

We recently changed to Eco-led bulbs and are quite happy with the results. We don't notice any blue hue. Checkout https://eco-led.ca/. (I know, it is a Canadian site, but the prices are in American dollars and their bulbs are available in the US.) We are using WBD-WWM6. This is the warm white version. We have wondered if we should have gone with the round style rather than the pancake. The pancakes do not reflect the light off the mirrored surface of the light fixture.

Back
Top Bottom