Lithium Ion Batteries

I'm going to echo what several have said, and add a bit.

I definitely don't think simply switching to more expensive batteries is going to solve your problem. If they're not getting charged it won't matter if they cost $200 each or $900.

Your Ford's stock alternator should be able to completely recharge a pair of AGM batteries in a day of driving, so I would start by figuring out what's wrong there.

I do think you need more solar capacity for stationary charging. We have two 100-watt panels on our FWC, and they give us essentially unlimited electricity to run the fridge, lights, water pump, and both our laptops, plus recharging camera batteries etc., through the two AGM house batteries.

8267748122_c5e8e29091_z.jpg

JHanson said:
I'm going to echo what several have said, and add a bit.

I definitely don't think simply switching to more expensive batteries is going to solve your problem. If they're not getting charged it won't matter if they cost $200 each or $900.

Your Ford's stock alternator should be able to completely recharge a pair of AGM batteries in a day of driving, so I would start by figuring out what's wrong there.

I do think you need more solar capacity for stationary charging. We have two 100-watt panels on our FWC, and they give us essentially unlimited electricity to run the fridge, lights, water pump, and both our laptops, plus recharging camera batteries etc., through the two AGM house batteries.
Yes, I realize that just expensive batteries isn't going to fix the issue. Therefore, I am starting with the truck to camper wiring, then I'll move onto the solar panel(s) and controller, and finally choose the batteries. I just want it done right. It'll take me a while but I'll get it done.

Back
Top Bottom