Living in Popup All Year Round?

LiveLifeNow

Advanced Member
Newbie here, with lots of questions. For starters, does anyone with a poptop truck camper live in their rig in the winter (such as Yuma AZ or Blythe CA)? For example, I notice that the Cougar All Terrain popup has optional insulation, which might make winter in Yuma or some other Southwestern location feasible.

Any comments would be welcome. I apologize if my questions seem out of the ballpark, but I am a newbie asking some basic questions. Thanks!

No problems on the questions. We all start about the same way... And welcome to the group.

A few people are living in them full time, but for the majority of us, it's more of a versatile RV.

Here's a link to an article on Kay and Ray Fox, published last year, but I believe they are still out there.

Both ATC and FWC offer thermal insulation options. Both make excellent products. We are waiting for a new ATC Bobcat to be built.

Ditto on the insulation and furnace - I've got both in a Bobcat. Haven't used the camper in winter, but this spring it snowed at the South Rim and the furnace made the difference, and other nights the insulation was a bonus.

Van dwellers seem to be a kindred tribe, and Bob Wells has lots of tips on his site - http://www.cheaprvliving.com

I live in my Alaskan Pop-up year round. It is just me and my dog. The furnace keeps me very toasty even on the lowest setting. I had only one problem with freezing pipes - I left the water system undrained and the camper Unheated in minus 18 weather and the sink faucet cracked. Easy fix and it taught me a lesson. Water heater works great. I should add that I have two propane tanks as my unit is semi-custom on a flatbed.

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Back
Top Bottom