Lone Rock Beach Primitive Camping

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
I was doing some campground research when I ran across this info on a camground in the Glen Canyon area:

Lone Rock Beach Primitive Camping
Primitive camping is on a sandy beach or in dunes. No designated campsites. Open fires permitted, must be within four foot squared area. Quiet time 10pm-6am. 4 micro flush toilets, 6 vault toilets, 1 comfort station/wheelchair accessible, outdoor cold shower, Off Road Vehicle area, dump station, potable water (seasonal), and day use area. No launch ramp. $10 per vehicle/per night. No reservations.

http://www.nps.gov/glca/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm

Has anyone camped here?

The write up and NPS description looks really great but the google maps pic looks kinda crowded. I would love to know more. It's only about 6 hours from here.

It is okay, though with a little bit of driving you can get away from the crowds.

IMG_1685.jpg

Nothing like the ol' Powell sunsets...

IMG_1681.jpg

Look for Blue Notch Canyon or other access areas near Fry Canyon. They are perfect for a truck and camper.

You are welcome-

All along the road near fry canyon (Highway 95 between Hite and Natural Bridges NM area) there are a bunch of access areas for Lake Powell. You will find them mostly deserted, with the occasional kayaker or guy with a canoe out there.

I plan on hitting up one of those areas this spring sometime. I believe the NPS require a portable toilet.

Back
Top Bottom