Long Time Lurker, First Time FWC Owner: Maiden Voyage - Anza Borrego

Adding my welcome also.
Great shot of your sleeping area.

Great shot of Blair Valley.
Seems like there is enough of us to do the Bradshaw trail.
Anyone interested to meet up and do this in late December or January?

I have never been there Something to cross off the bucket list Now if that long promised rain showed up?

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Welcome to WTW :)

Nice camper and some really great photo's.

Takes me back to when I was a geology student at SDSU.

We practically lived in the Anza Borrego back then.

Thanks for sharing.

Pacific exposure have you experienced any condensation dripping from the screws holding your Gearline Organizer since the aluminum tubes may have moisture (condensation) inside? What type of fastener did you use?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

longhorn1 said:
Pacific exposure have you experienced any condensation dripping from the screws holding your Gearline Organizer since the aluminum tubes may have moisture (condensation) inside? What type of fastener did you use?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app
I used 1 1/2" self tapping stainless metal screws. I've never experienced any condensation leaking from the supports of the roof. Can't imagine why there would be moisture inside the structural roof supports.

RC Pilot Jim said:
Adding my welcome also.
Great shot of your sleeping area.

Great shot of Blair Valley.
Seems like there is enough of us to do the Bradshaw trail.
Anyone interested to meet up and do this in late December or January?
I've always wanted to do the Bradshaw. I'd love to do it in late January or early February.

PacificExposure said:
I used 1 1/2" self tapping stainless metal screws. I've never experienced any condensation leaking from the supports of the roof. Can't imagine why there would be moisture inside the structural roof supports.
Thanks. Those tubes can get condensation inside, but to what extent I'm not sure. I,m thinking about using the attached, a bit pricey but you can just push the button and remove the gearline organizer when you you drop the top. "S" clips can connect the gearliner to the ring on the Mac's anchor plates. I would use a few of these with the backer plate to prevent things from sliding around inside the camper. http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/category/AnchorPlates

I'm thinking about the 4" over the cabinets on the passenger side of our Grandby, and the 2' on my side of the bed. Another location would be on the front lift board, my wife and I sleep North/South. We would both be able to hang things in between us. jd

Pacific...off topic

Under 'Trip planning' I queried if anyone was interested in doing the Bradshaw or Mojave Trail in late December or January.
I will PM you maybe we can meet up and do one of them? Anyone else interested ?...Check the trip post and reply there.

Back
Top Bottom