Longhorn's Camper Build Has Started

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
Terry Budd sent me photos from the plant of the completed frame. The pictures can be viewed at my blog.

Our Camper Build

You might have to click on the Our Camper Build page if this doesn't take you to the page. I will post more on the blog as build continues.

Exciting!

So, what model are you getting? Terry was going to send me pictures of the frame of my Fleet as it was built, but he never did. I guess the Fleets are all the same so it's not too late to get pictures.

Speaking of my new Fleet, I set out on Saturday (from home in Virginia) for Go Anywhere in Wisconsin to get it. Sean will install it on my Tacoma on Tuesday. They are going to be having cool weather up there next week (another Polar Vortex), so my trip home through Michigan should be enjoyable.

- Bernard

bfh4n said:
Exciting!

So, what model are you getting? Terry was going to send me pictures of the frame of my Fleet as it was built, but he never did. I guess the Fleets are all the same so it's not too late to get pictures.

Speaking of my new Fleet, I set out on Saturday (from home in Virginia) for Go Anywhere in Wisconsin to get it. Sean will install it on my Tacoma on Tuesday. They are going to be having cool weather up there next week (another Polar Vortex), so my trip home through Michigan should be enjoyable.

- Bernard
Ours is a Grandby with front dinette, outside shower, 2 batteries, 100w solar, hot water heater, furnace. We are expecting deliver in late July, also at Go-Anywhere. Sean is really a great guy.

Good luck. John

You seem to have put a lot of thought and planning in to this. Great news that it's now moving forward.

JCatt said:
You seem to have put a lot of thought and planning in to this. Great news that it's now moving forward.
Maybe we can meet up some place around one of those lakes near FW. We are taking a few break-in weekend trips before we go to the Great Smoky Mountains in October. John

Sure that would be great. I can snoop around for a good camp spot, unless you know of a place. Smokies are on my short list but not sure if we'll make it this year though.

Is your layout reversed?

Edit: *** Never mind. Cabinetry must be split to both sides because of the front dinette. *******

Congrats on your new camper!

Im looking forward to your report and pics of the portable ac setup.

Texan76 said:
Im looking forward to your report and pics of the portable ac setup.
We will be taking our first little weekend trip in a couple of weeks. I will have the A/C unit with us and will get photos. We will run the exhaust tube out through the tie-down door.

We picked up our camper this past Friday at Go Anywhere LLC in Eagle Wisconsin. Sean and Diana Dempsey spent 6 hours doing the truck modifications and going over each item of operation. We drove home on Saturday and spent all day Sunday running through the systems and making modifications.

I will post pictures of the modifications soon.

Click on link to view photos of the camper and modifications.

Camper Photos & Modifications

I will be posting additional modifications as we add them. We ran out of time yesterday, but got all of the cabinets line, the WandertheWest decal on, and the removal of the bottom cabinet face to allow the porta potti to fit. The next modification will be the installing of the voltage meter. I will continue to post photos on our blog.

Looking forward to your modifications. Everyone makes theirs just a little different.

EDIT you must have been trying at the same time. Camper looks great.

billharr said:
Looking forward to your modifications. Everyone makes theirs just a little different.

EDIT you must have been trying at the same time. Camper looks great.
Thanks. I put the WanderTheWest decal on the door and on the driver side window. Looks good with the curtain in place. Next up the voltage meter.

Please let me know if your volt meter shows different numbers than your Zamp controller does for battery voltage.

Back
Top Bottom