Looking at my first camper

Thanks for the additional thoughts. After consulting with my parents, they would like an inside shower/toilet as they like to free camp as much as possible with their Winnebago in Australia.
I still have a couple of months till I need to purchase one, I've also expanded my search to include ATC/Grandby and a few others - I've contacted a couple of sellers, but each time the camper has been sold before I even have had a chance to look at them. It seems the good deals go quickly!

I just wanted to update this thread. After everyones thoughts here, I began looking more closely at FWC and ATC options. Sadly none came up for sale in my area at a reasonable price. They are obviously well respected on the used market, and the models I were most interested in were commanding prices outside of the budget I allocated.

A Northstar 850SC did come up however. I purchased it. Its not perfect - it has been stored outside in the SoCal sun, and the decals/paint look a bit faded, but the interior is spotless and it should meet the needs of myself/my parents.

I now have to begin the process of installing rear airbags and tie downs to mount it.

Thanks. I'm excited.

Camping up till now for me has been in a tent, carried on the back of my enduro motorbike, so this is a life of luxury in comparison. Having a cooktop, refrigerator, a bed with a mattress that isn't a thermarest, and covered in dust is all new to me.

I'm looking forward to our first "shake down" trip with it. It already has a small solar panel (60W) and an awning fitted. The only thing I need to do now is install the mounts as soon as they arrive, airbags and then pack up my stuff to go.

Back
Top Bottom