looking for 8' cab over pop up Camper that offers utility

cksea

So I have had a Grandby for 18 months now. The biggest issue I have with it is that it seriously lacks utility and storage. It basically makes my truck as functional as a small suv. The 24" door sucks for getting anything big and heavy in or out.

I am looking for something that will allow me to put in a 4x8 sheet of plywood, load a pallet and hopefully motorcycles. Enough coolers for an elk or a couple big tuna. All of this while having a cab over sleeping option. A shell Grandby with barn doors would be pretty close but they do not offer it. The slide in camper pretty much kills the hope of a 48" between the wheel wells.

The wedge pop ups are pretty close but all that I can find are for short bed trucks. Barn doors would be great but tailgate and hatch works also.

Right now I switch back and forth between a high fiberglass shell and camper.

I am dreaming or does this not exist.

Chad

I was going to list the OVRLND campers. I'm kinda surprised that these aren't more popular. They would definately save a lot of weight.

There is also the old Callen campers or Bel Air campers, http://www.belairshells.com/wood-n-alum. Look down on that page and you will see some that the whole back side lifts up for storage access. It seems they will custom make whatever you want although no pop tops.

Kevin

Have you thought about getting a camper for sleeping and storage of food/prep etc. and towing a trailer set up specifically for two motorcycles and a lockable motorcycle box for helmets, leathers, spares, etc.???

You will have to wait for them to build it but Bundutec will make you exactly what you are looking for. I had the same idea and they put a 54” barn door on a small camper for my tacoma. Worked great. I’m sure they can put one in utilizing the max width and height you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom