Looking for some rough stuff!

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit
Please post the hardest road/trail you've ever done with your pickup camper. Pics and/or a link to a TR would also be great!! :cool:

Slick Rock Road to Duck Creek between Lake Alpine (hwy 4) and Union Reservoir. Not the best video took by a friends son, rough stuff at the end. I did loosen the turnbuckles.

Bill in Stockton

Please post the hardest road/trail you've ever done with your pickup camper. Pics and/or a link to a TR would also be great!! :cool:

Stony Pass East to the Rio Grande reservoir. I followed some jeeps and it was tight for them, the F250 was a bit large.
619748657_e3UAn-M.jpg

Scraped branches a lot, steep little water crossings, glad it wasn't muddy!
619753384_J2bdA-M.jpg

Near by is Clear Lake, W. of 550 N of Silverton. Tight turns, took 3 back ups to get around some corners.
619739729_d9aRX-M.jpg

I don't know what it's called, but there is a 'road' in Arches NP that goes from Salt Valley, past Eye of the Whale to Balanced Rock. About eleven miles long, or about thirteen if you turn off to see the Tower Arch, like we did. That was my first and toughest off road adventure.

gallery_255_90_9405.jpg

Here is a link to the trip report:

The Arches

Silvertip, when I read your post the first thing I thought of was Bill's video. There may be others that have done worse trails, but that blows away anything I would even consider. Be sure to post a video of wherever you go like he did so the meak like myself can live vicariously through you. :)

This youtube link is not me, but I have taken my camper up to Laurel Lakes which is on the south side of Hwy 203 going into Mammoth Lakes. Its pretty hairy. Due to the switch backs above where this video is shot you cannot get a full size truck all the way to the lakes without putting yourself in a lot of danger. Due to the short wheel base of my Std Cab Tacoma, I only had to go back and forth to get around the last switchback.

Darryl

Thanks everyone. Just got back from running the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands. It wasn't possible to do the whole trail due to flooding so I went in about halfway to Murphy. Fun trail but no pucker factors!!!

I'm sure this isn't that impressive, but it's a good one: Steele Pass.

gallery_2472_269_493890.jpg

We descended Dedeckera Canyon, heading towards Eureka Dunes. I was glad Sunman was there to spot some of the drops, because I couldn't see what the front end was doing :eek:
Funny thing how memory works, I had driven a stock Tahoe up Steele Pass some years ago and didn't recall a big challenge. It felt a lot different descending with the FWC.

Sunni in action at Steele Pass
gallery_2472_269_374781.jpg

Scouting the route down Mengel Pass into Butte Valley. The body language of my co-pilot speaks volumes..."I'm not too sure about this..." Classic.

gallery_311_152_24179.jpg

gallery_311_152_139579.jpg

Back
Top Bottom