looking for "THE" folding step stool...

Tomas Tierra

Contributors
I have been trying to find the EZ fold plastic step stool for about a week now with only marginal luck... it's the one everyone uses. EZ fold, 18 inch folding step stool, cream or white..I have only been able to find 9 or 12 inch models..(did find one an 18 incher in London)

anyone made a recent purchase of one of these?? panic on the streets of london! leaving for San Ignacio in one week!!

Thanks all respected Wanderers!

TT

It's not plastic,but I use a nice metal one from our local OSH store.This stool has held up nicely and folds nice and flat.It's white with black plastic treads. It fits just under the rear of the camper and stores easily in the back of the camper next to the couch.
Hope this helps.
Frank

Thanks Frank! I've been looking around and have a few 2nd choices...Still looking for the EZ fold but have to pull the trigger SOON...Good problem to have, going to baja have to find a way to get into the camper....I'm so freekin excited I could bunny hop backwards in there...but only once..

TT

Thanks Frank! I've been looking around and have a few 2nd choices...Still looking for the EZ fold but have to pull the trigger SOON...Good problem to have, going to baja have to find a way to get into the camper....I'm so freekin excited I could bunny hop backwards in there...but only once..

TT

TT this is the stool I use . The brand is Cosco,I think it's about $15. I had to modify mine to fit under my other truck camper arrangement. It was about an inch to high so the door would hit sometimes.

Have fun in Baja.
Frank

Attachments

• DSCN4046.jpg
    DSCN4046.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 220
  • DSCN4047.jpg
    DSCN4047.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 226
Seems odd that the one I got -- the one that a lot of people have -- isn't available:

37595n.jpg

When this was last discussed I posted a link to one at Camping World, but now that link says, "No longer available for sale...". And now when I search for EZ Fold the hits are all smaller single-steps (as TT said) rather than this two-stepper. Very odd.
blink.gif

Maybe there were too many step-related lawsuits and they were discontinued...

Mine is starting to develop a crack in it. If it's now irreplaceable I guess I better try to fix/baby the one I have.
huh.gif

I wonder if they've already become collectors items on eBay?

I may have left ours behind on our last camping trip. Not the first time. Kind of like the problem Simimike had with latching his camper top before driving off. ;) Anyway, went to Camping world last weekend and couldn't find one. As MarkBC mentioned, it has been discontinued. However, they were able to find one last one in the warehouse. So it may be worth asking at least. Otherwise, just follow us around and I'll probably forget it in camp again and you can snag it.

I have been trying to find the EZ fold plastic step stool for about a week now with only marginal luck... it's the one everyone uses. EZ fold, 18 inch folding step stool, cream or white..I have only been able to find 9 or 12 inch models..(did find one an 18 incher in London)

anyone made a recent purchase of one of these?? panic on the streets of london! leaving for San Ignacio in one week!!

Thanks all respected Wanderers!

TT

I've seen them at ACE hardware in Walnut Creek. Most ACE's carry the same product lines...
Hope this helps.

I finally got around to taking a photo of the step stoll I got with my camper from FWC when I ordered my Raven:
steppenonu.jpg

I finally got around to taking a photo of the step stoll I got with my camper from FWC when I ordered my Raven:
View attachment 13941

Yeah, from what I've seen people using, this seems to be the other popular choice, after the EZ-Fold.

Yeah, from what I've seen people using, this seems to be the other popular choice, after the EZ-Fold.

Looking at photos of the EZ Fold looks like you need both hands to set it up. On mine you just grab the edge of the top step and one shake it's deployed. Allthouhg, the EZ might have a smaller storage footprint. I just store mine on the floor ahead of the refer.

We also use the Rubbermaid folding steps, or something very similar. Bought it at WallyWorld right after picking up the camper in Feb. 09. The steps were slippery when wet so I stuck on some adhesive backed safety strips. It's basically 40 grit sandpaper.

Mine is starting to develop a crack in it.

I had the same one and it cracked too. Just replaced it with the Rubbermaid.

We've been using this. It worked great all over Baja and is very stable. If you call Northern tool tell them you saw one of their ads and it was on sale for $19.95.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200419263_200419263

We also use the Rubbermaid folding steps, or something very similar. Bought it at WallyWorld right after picking up the camper in Feb. 09. The steps were slippery when wet so I stuck on some adhesive backed safety strips. It's basically 40 grit sandpaper.

Mine has little bumps molded in so it's not slippery

I wasn't seeing a good solution for us that I could easily lay my hands on, so I built a step that plugs into the receiver hitch socket. It's probably one of those 'short term' fixes that will be around for the next 20 years, but at least my wife can now easily get into the camper. By pure luck later that day I stumbled onto some rubber "diamond plate" with an adhesive backing at Harbor Freight. I was expecting to need to build some sort of anti-wobble device for it, but it's remarkably stable as-is.

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

Thanks!
It does suffer from only being useful in that one spot, where a step-stool could be used elsewhere. The year delayed honeymoon, now 1.5 weeks away, will no doubt show if something else is needed or not.

Back
Top Bottom