loose corner jack plates?

jeffyg

Advanced Member
hi there!

was just doing a little work around the place and checked over the camper. its fairly new 2002 hawk that i put on my F350 long box... ill attach a picture, picked up used in december and have since put probably 20 nights or so in it, i love it.

i had to take the jacks off to take an old camper to the dump and when i put them back on my FWC i noticed that on all 4 of the jack mounting plates the top and bottom bolt attaching them were loose, tried to tighten them and they were stripped or the backing bolt had come off, not too sure which. i was in a hurry to head away to work for a month so i am wondering if the previous owner had over tightened them? i installed and removed my jacks a few times with an electic impact wrench but have never touched these bolts.

the plates are still tight although one i think has 3 bolts loose i am not too sure what to do here to get them secured again. any ideas? im sure its strong enough when i put the camper on my truck i remove the jacks however just knowing that it is the way it is really irritates me!

thanks!
jef

edited to add that its on the side of the plates that has 5 bolts in it not 4? i was in a rush so i didn't really get too good a look

Attachments

• fwc1.jpg
    fwc1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 295
  • fwc2.jpg
    fwc2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 293
Do you have a closer photo of the plates? From the photos you posted, those don't look like stock plates.

closer look

i might be able to do better but i just zoomed in one of the original pictures

Attachments

• corner.jpg
    corner.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 316
another one

another attempted close up

Attachments

• corner2.jpg
    corner2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 301
I'm sure its the Ford!!

Those dont look like the stock plates but by their location it looks like you could through bolt them to the inside if the old ones can be removed. Before you take things into your own hands call FWC's.

I'm sure its the Ford!!

Those dont look like the stock plates but by their location it looks like you could through bolt them to the inside if the old ones can be removed. Before you take things into your own hands call FWC's.

not too sure really but looks like the same jack plates that 'jack' has on his first post in 'gone solar' thread?

thanks for the help guys was thinking after confirmation that if it would work i could pilot through the existing holes to the inside, then from the inside cut a small hole with the hole saw and get a nut on the back... just thinking out loud

my hawk is the shell model with a furnace, couch, table, and thats about it on the inside

thanks again

Talk to the experts

Hi Jeff: You should talk to the guys at FWC or ATC before you start cutting any holes. Both companies are really helpful even though you did not by your camper new. I have an ATC Bobcat so I know the guys at ATC. They can tell you how to fix it.

Take the easy route and talk to an expert.

Good luck.

Darryl

those are not factory installed jack brackets or jacks

(Im going to guess the guy who owned the camper before you installed them himself)

they look OK, but they don't look like the way we do it at the factory

feel free to call our service dept.

800-242-1442

they might be able to tell you what kind of bolts to use

or, if the guy before you stripped them out, you might (might?) be able to use a slightly larger bolt

again, maybe best to call us

ask for the service dept.

good luck

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom