Making holes

cdbrow1

So I have a 2014 Hawk on Order and my plan include adding both Cell Phone booster and Sat Phone antennas to the roof. I know that many would prefer to be "off line" when out in the sticks, however due to work demands I must be available by email and phone 24/7/365. I plan to mount the antennas on the Yakima racks (no new holes in the roof thank you), but I am wondering the best way to run wires out for the antennas. I am getting the fiberglass siding.

I am also thinking about mounting from additional exterior lighting and back up camera on the fiberglass. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed.

Thx.

Stalking Light said:
I haven't moved my booster from truck to camper yet, but plan on just routing wire through rear door, no holes.
Thank might be a n option for me, not having the camper in my gruby mits yet it is hard to say. The Iridium antenna cable is pretty good size (like RG6 TV cable), but the wilson booster cable is very small diameter stuff.

Check out

New (to me) FWC Owner
post on page 2. CB antenna mounted to jack bracket as an option. Cables can be run through turnbuckle door when camping.

Just an idea.

when i had a dish tv set up on my eagle i used a weather proof out door elect box cover
mounted near the back door,so when i was stopped i would just run cable from dish to inside.
drilled a 1" inch hole when not in use it just was a elect outlet cover !

LES,lqhiker

I have a 2012 Grandby with a fantastic fan above the bed. I too did not want to drill a hole in my roof when I installed my solar panel. I had enough room on the side on the of my vent just below lid to thread two 10 gauge wires. After sealing with silicone I have had no leaks, worked out great for me.

If you have the Wilson Cellphone booster, consider their NMO antenna. This uses the type of antenna mount seen on most police, fire, other First Responder and many ham mobile antenna installations. These mounts are weatherproof and include an O ring to seal the hole. The entire coax run is then inside the camper.

The antenna screws onto the external part of the mount. Putting it on the roof would give the antenna the highest vantage point on your rig. There are low profile weather proof caps that can screw on in place of the antenna if you upgrade campers and and want to move the booster to the new camper. This would leave just the NMO mount and coax in the old camper.

Paul

Thanks for all the options. It sounds like there are more than one way to get this done. I might just go the NMO route, it does seem cleaner even if it has a higher "pucker factor"

Back
Top Bottom