Mark W. Ingalls is one hell of a good guy!

93ZR-1

I hated the wasted space for behind my couch and I wanted to be able to store my generator under the bench. Mark made my box bigger by using 3/4" birch ply. We recycled most of the wood for the lids. Mark also added an electrical outlet so I could plug in my A/C without having to use an extension cord.

The added height of the couch makes it tough to sit on with the camper down, but makes a much better bed as you can use the space behind the backrest better. Also lets me store my generator and makes it much easier to get into the upper bunk.

Mark also made the door area a bit easier to get in and out.

It is not quite finished as there are a couple of bugs to work out, but here are some pics.

Thanks again Mark!

2012-07-15_09-23-46_278.jpg

2012-07-15_09-23-15_610.jpg

2012-07-15_09-17-10_863.jpg

2012-07-15_09-23-52_928.jpg

2012-05-28_14-10-36_862.jpg

This pic is for reference for before we started, note the orientation of the porta-potty now gives better door clearance.

Mr. Bibbit is always around when we go camping!!

2012-07-15_09-26-06_277.jpg

Nice use of the space.Our style of camper lends itself well to modifying.All it takes is some imagination and a few tools.Post more pics when you finish.
With the generator in the camper do you get any gas smell?
Frank

Nice use of the space.Our style of camper lends itself well to modifying.All it takes is some imagination and a few tools.Post more pics when you finish.
With the generator in the camper do you get any gas smell?
Frank

The gas cap seals well and I don't store the generator in the camper unless I am imminently going to use it. I have noticed no gas smell in the garage where I normally store it. If it becomes a problem, I will put it in a big garbage bag.
R

Curious, I have a window unit for my camper - 5000btu. What brand and watt of generator are you using - what are your experiences with it?

Back
Top Bottom