Marker light do not work

The marker lights on my camper do not work. Ive scoped out a wiring diagram (posted on this board) that refrences a '69 unit, and it seems as if it would be relevant. I am not certain what year my unit is, but it has old Hehr windows (louvered) so I figure mid 60's or earlier. I also have the 2 port connector next to the 110 receiver, on the drivers side front.

Problem is with power supplied directly to the exterior lighting circuit (on mine, left port on the two port connector) I get nothing, nada, zip. I can apply power directly to the circuit, and run a ground from the lights base plate directly to battery ground and get the one single light to glow (dimmly). All marker lights are verified good, and I have continuity (verified with tester) to all light sockets. Not certain how these lights are grounded, perhaps to the aluminim skin?!? I am not certain how these lights are wired, series or parallell, but Im getting flashbacks to old xmas lights...

Interior lights work perfectly when supplied with line voltage. Any help, well, helps!

Thanks

On my 94 there is a ground wire on the overhead just above the drivers door. I have to keep this clean (once a year) or my marker lights dim. I have also switched to LEDs so that should make some diffence. Mine are not like the xmas light as one can burn out and the rest still worked. Sounds like a ground problem. Keeping these older units alive is always an adventure.

each of those marker lights has it's own ground inside the unit. You'll find it's cheaper to buy new lights than trying to keep them clean....you can get period lights to match or go with the newer rectangles....LED'S...sealed. Been there...it's not worth the grief you go through trying to keep them lit...Mikes right....with DC it's 99% ground problems

Hello

I have a 69 10 NCO and just replaced the 110 v. outside connector as old straight style 3 prong type and female for power from house not available. Same setup as yours with 12 volt beside the 110v. My problem is I cannot find the fuse/breaker in my unit. A member has suggest in the overhead cupboard but I have looked every where I can think of. Have you found your breaker/fuse link in yours???

thanks

dkoug

Hello

Plugged in my 110 V ground supply and nothing caught on fire and the one of 2 ceiling lights turned on and the one 110 v duplex behind the closet fired up my portable radio. Still cannot find breaker or fuse.

Now have to work on the 12 v system. wondering if the 12 volt only operate the running lights or if I change the 110 v lights to 12 v they would work?

Have you solved your running light problem???

dkoug

Dkoug

The 110 and 12v wiring share the same wiring. If you want to run 12 v change your bulbs out to 12 v bulbs when plugged into truck power, and voila!

Back
Top Bottom