Mattress topper/enhancement suggestions.

shear

2017 Fleet and we currently use a 2” memory foam topper on top of the factory cushions. It’s ok but not as comfortable as we’d like plus it takes up a ton of space when not in sleep mode and when we travel (roll it up and store it when not sleeping).

Any better suggestions from y’all? I’m trying to understand the Froli system but having trouble. Also I’ve seen exped pop up a lot.

I use an Exped Synmat 7 inflatable. I don’t fully roll it up like I would for backpacking. I just let the air out, fold it, and put it in a bag - way easier. My wife considers it essential because she’s a side sleeper. For me it’s extra comfort but I’m ok without it. They add insulation too.

If you go that route the size I would recommend is the medium wide. I have the long wide and it’s right up to the walls when sleeping east-west. Too many screw heads and other sharp edges around an inflatable make me nervous. The MW is 72 inches long versus 78” for the LW. The Expeds (not the ultralight ones) are pretty tough though.

On our 2007 FWC Keystone we have Froli springs on bottom, then 4" thick high density foam in medium firmness with 1" eggcrate style memory foam on top.

We used to keep the bedding (Slumberjack 40 deg/30 deg double sleeping bag) on top of the mattress but now we have to take it down and fold or roll it up. The sleeping bag is about 2" thick. If we used down sleeping bags or sheets and a blanket or down quilt we could leave the bedding on and still close the top.

Roof closes down snug against the sheet that is over the memory foam but the top does seal and latch just as easily as before.

If we take the 1" memory foam out we can leave the sleeping bag on the mattress and close the top.

The latches are adjustable to accomodate a little extra height of froli springs, mattress and memory foam (or sleeping bag).

Jon R said:
I use an Exped Synmat 7 inflatable. I don’t fully roll it up like I would for backpacking. I just let the air out, fold it, and put it in a bag - way easier. My wife considers it essential because she’s a side sleeper. For me it’s extra comfort but I’m ok without it. They add insulation too.

If you go that route the size I would recommend is the medium wide. I have the long wide and it’s right up to the walls when sleeping east-west. Too many screw heads and other sharp edges around an inflatable make me nervous. The MW is 72 inches long versus 78” for the LW. The Expeds (not the ultralight ones) are pretty tough though.
Do you use it with the cushions or just by itself?

Back
Top Bottom