Meadow Lake Camp Rally

More rigs.

gallery_176_802_568954.jpg

gallery_176_802_11080.jpg

gallery_176_802_14213.jpg

gallery_176_802_434834.jpg

gallery_176_802_280442.jpg

gallery_176_802_404969.jpg

Last of the rigs. This one looked just like our previous set-up. As Simimike likes to say, "It was deja vu all over again."

gallery_176_802_500801.jpg

gallery_176_802_466616.jpg

gallery_176_802_503415.jpg

gallery_176_802_64414.jpg

gallery_176_802_147859.jpg

And to show us all that he is tougher than any of us, Simimike camped in this.

gallery_176_802_607866.jpg

I'll post the rest of mine tomorrow.

Ted,

Thanks for all the rig pictures. Glad to see you got Patrick's trailer in there. His is the same floor plan as ours though with mods there would be some differences both inside and out.

I want to thank all of the WTW folks for a fantastic weekend. The XP is very impressive as his ability to cook those pigs. I think my personal weekend highlight was the Walnut pie. That will not be forgotten for a long time.

Looks like a great weekend. Now I'm hungry. Thanks to all for posting pictures and reports for those of us who couldn't attend. :)

It was a great rally and I want to thank Ted for putting it all together. It was nice to see friends from past rallies and meet some new WTW members. I wish I hadn't have to leave before I had a chance to fork miss piggy. Let's do this again.

Dick

Enough rigs, let's see some people. Here Adam (guest of XP) and fishmore (Jim) observe as MarcXP gets the pig started.
gallery_176_802_5262.jpg

Whole lot of waiting when it takes eight hours to cook a pig.
gallery_176_802_249910.jpg

Simimike is preparing a large pot of beans so we can recreate a scene from Blazing Saddles.
gallery_176_802_780311.jpg

Patiently waiting for pork are MarkBC, pvstoy (Patrick), lawnmowerman (Russ), and Simimike.
gallery_176_802_401919.jpg

Marc getting the pig off the spit and getting it to the table with Cort's help.
gallery_176_802_177848.jpg

gallery_176_802_260123.jpg

Roxie hitting up Russ for a little petting.
gallery_176_802_260552.jpg

Cort's son Cole was in charge of the fire during the day. Patrick took over at night.
gallery_176_802_426714.jpg

Marty brought up so much goodies he pulled a trailer. Here he is cooking up a huge pot of onion soup while K6O9 (Bob) supervises. In the background are mynxd (Grant) and Marty's guest Devlin.
gallery_176_802_112161.jpg

Groovy Dad (Shane), his dog Dexter, and Patrick.
gallery_176_802_41267.jpg

Grant, left, drove all the way from B.C. 2nd from left is NorCalHawk (Mike). And the clikrf8s (Judy and Tony). Technically Grant came from the fartest distance away, but the clkrf8's wandered their way here and drove the longest distance - 1800 miles!
gallery_176_802_614775.jpg

People gathered for the feast.
gallery_176_802_24496.jpg

gallery_176_802_506180.jpg

There was evidence Bob was nearby.
gallery_176_802_317474.jpg

Tomas Tierra's wife Amy dishing up the ceviche with Bob and Russ eagerly standing by.
gallery_176_802_6145.jpg

Marc finishes carving up the pig while Tomas Tierra (Tom) and Patrick warm by the fire.
gallery_176_802_457948.jpg

Marty's son Brad and his wife Marie joined us. Here she is with their dog Jasmin.
gallery_176_802_133627.jpg

Theirs was not the only dog. MarcXP had his 12 week old, 35 lb puppy Ollie.
gallery_176_802_111006.jpg

Marty's dog Roxie.
gallery_176_802_123054.jpg

Smokecreek's famous dog Bob with the ever present tennis ball.
gallery_176_802_543348.jpg

Judy with her dog Toller and Shane's dog Dexter.
gallery_176_802_620202.jpg

that about wraps it up. Sunday most of us headed out while a few stayed for an extra day. There were many requests to do this again, maybe annually. It was fun and popular so is likely we will try to put something together. Watch the trip planning for any news.

More adventures from the rally :D ! Well we are home and it's raining as "Bob" naps after his stent as "Dog Boss and chief ball holder along with Roxy. Thanks to Ted and Fishmore and those who guided and set up this rally, Marty and his crew who kept the retired crew and Craig in the middle camp in food and to Marc and his crew for the great Pig. It was sure nice to meet the people that went with the WTW posts. Where next time, the desert or maybe the King Range. Now on to another unplanned adventure. I had just installed a second solar panel, an additional battery and a new compression frig/freezer in my rig and this was a test run to see how it worked. I spent some time talking to Marty and others about it and it was acting up and having "teething" problems. Remember Ted this is your fault-you stopped by on pig night and infected my rig and my hot water heater went "Boom" and blew out-did relight it later.

As Russ (lawnmower man ) and me waved good by to Craig and Riley (the last to leave other than us) as they headed off for more adventures, I mentioned to Russ my comptroller was suddenly showing a charge of 11.4-7) and didn't seem to be charging even in the sun and i was worried, especially cause i was planning to go on some more adventures! Well in the best tradition of WTW, he volunteered to trouble shoot the problem(me i'm still learning how to spell solar) and we spent the next several hours rewiring the cables, panels, checking battery charges,etc! [anyone has question on what we did-send me a message on one of the solar threads] and in general putting my system into a series arrangement. By the end of the day and sun light, my batteries were starting to charge-up to 12.5-6 By the next morning and in sun light it seemed to be charging just quite nicely :D ! Sooo, off Russ (thanks again) headed toward Quincy and down the Feather River Canyon and me-off to Susanville to see if the fix worked or it was to the shop-it worked charging at 13.7 and after the rains stops it off again. So, mission completed and as we stress all the time on this site-"always be prepared" because you never know when Murphy" will strike and can ruin a great adventure. Again, thanks for the great time, neat people and I wonder what other adventures WTW folks got in to after the "meet".

Smoke and Bob.

No photos to contribute...but just wanted to chime in that I enjoyed it, too. :)
Thanks, all, for the nice time -- and especially thanks, Ted, for stepping up to do what organization needed to be done, and thanks, Marc, for the pig.

We want to thank all those who organized the meetup and who came. It was great to match up faces and forum names. Great pork feed for hubby cooked by XP Camper folks and wonderful onion soup by Marty and other great veggy entrees by Ted and others for me. I got the last sliver of Mark's walnut pie with ice cream from ?

We are just north of Yerrington, NV having lunch. After the meet we returned to Indian Falls for photos and camping. No signs prohibiting camping and no one kicked us out. We toured through Lassen and went on up to Burney Falls. We camped at Ramhorn Springs north of Susanville last night. Sorry, Smoke but it was raining too hard to go Smoke Creek Road so we went on 320 to Pyramid Lake's west side. We did catch a rainbow over Smoke Creek Desert, though as we went north a bit on Sand Pass Road by those 2 old houses by the RR tracks. On our way to the Sump, Bishop, and bristlecones in a WTW way of routing.

Thanks for the photos everyone. When we return, I will post photos and a blog sometime in November.

Sorry we were unable to attend . . . . looks like it was a memorable event. Also, thanks to those who did the organizing and submitted the photos in this report. As Frank said above, it is neat to put faces to the names that we've become familiar with on this forum through the years - Richard

clikrf8 said:
We want to thank all those who organized the meetup and who came. It was great to match up faces and forum names. Great pork feed for hubby cooked by XP Camper folks and wonderful onion soup by Marty and other great veggy entrees by Ted and others for me. I got the last sliver of Mark's walnut pie with ice cream from ?

We are just north of Yerrington, NV having lunch. After the meet we returned to Indian Falls for photos and camping. No signs prohibiting camping and no one kicked us out. We toured through Lassen and went on up to Burney Falls. We camped at Ramhorn Springs north of Susanville last night. Sorry, Smoke but it was raining too hard to go Smoke Creek Road so we went on 320 to Pyramid Lake's west side. We did catch a rainbow over Smoke Creek Desert, though as we went north a bit on Sand Pass Road by those 2 old houses by the RR tracks. On our way to the Sump, Bishop, and bristlecones in a WTW way of routing.

Thanks for the photos everyone. When we return, I will post photos and a blog sometime in November.
Glad you found Rams Horn-if the weather was better-many, many adventures down Rams horn road at the head waters of Smoke Creek-enjoy your run! Taking SC road during wet weather is a "getting stuck" fun time for sure!

smoke

I'm sorry to have missed this event.

: (

A big shout out and "thanks" to everyone that helped put it together.

Just too much happening right now to escape last weekend with work and family.

I hope to be able to attend the next one.

Got back to Tucson today after 3 weeks on the road.Just want to say I had a great time at WTW 2014.Great group of DOGS +humans.Glad to see old faces and some new ones.

We're sorry to have missed a gathering of WTW'ers and their dogs so close to home. We were in VT to VA visiting family with plane tickets purchased last spring, so the least Ted could have done was consult with us before scheduling the event. :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom