Mechanical jacks as levelers?

Thanks guys.
I dont know if i will need the stabilization or not yet. I do know i have to buy them, because if I don't, when I need them I wont have any. At this point though, I am going to camp without bringing them. I did not know they were so much work to bring them down.
Whew, I'm not retired and now I'm even tired.
My wife keeps saying we will order our camper in June. I am planning on bamboozling her, and ordering it in the second week of May. And I doubt I will even get in trouble!!!:D

Remember the build time.

You can tell her that if wait until June to order it, you may not be able to take delivery until August. I say bamboozle her, or out right lie and tell her that you lost the money at the track. At least that way when your camper comes in (so to speak) you have something to show for it.

Saints,

Welcome aboard. We carried our jacks on most trips to settle the Tacoma while in camp, unfortunately those Toyota springs just aren't stout enough to stop the truck from rocking around when you move about in the camper. Not a big deal to remove and store or to remount in about 15 minutes. Try it both ways and see what you like.

Attachments

• 15-0450-color.jpg
    15-0450-color.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 151
Hey Mtn,
those look pretty slick. I had a set of homemade ones similar to that when I had my Caveman trailer. They worked great. I will need to look into that, see if they fit under the truck in the right places.
Thanks.

Question...

I have a question.

Given: A truck's springs aren't enough to keep it's camper comfortable when parked.

Question: How the heck is the rig safe to drive?

Hey...they're Toy-otas, scott.... :thumb:

I liken all of this to jumping up and down on the bumper on most any stock vehicle. You WILL feel the movement...but it doesn't mean the truck/vehicle is unsafe to drive.

I think you can find those in different sizes, Saint. That was just the first link I came across when I searched for an aluminum jack stand on Great Googley-moogley...

travel safe, all

mtn

I liken all of this to jumping up and down on the bumper on most any stock vehicle. You WILL feel the movement...but it doesn't mean the truck/vehicle is unsafe to drive.

Do you guys jump up and down in your campers? :confused:

Seriously, though: if you find sway makes standing in the camper uncomfortable shouldn't you beef the suspension for safety?

Jay: no airbags here. Saints is a mechanical kind of guy. We can rehash the Ford/Dodge/Toyota thing... :p The suspension on my F350 keeps the camper nice and stable...

I don't routinely jump up and down in my camper but I certainly reserve the right to do so if so inclined!. :cool: Never say never and all of that.

good luck finding a workable solution, Saints.

mtn

Back
Top Bottom