Memorial Day Weekend - 2013

Thank you and the Lady for a fine weekend of exploration and revisit of a special place. Callie will try to bark less at you next time. : )
Fun to see our rig coming down the RPF, but photos just don't show the pucker factor, do they?

I've been processing photos, and will soon have a TR to share.

Wow, what a full weekend. If that road bothered you it is a safe bet we will never drive it. Our Friday night moonrise got rained out but Saturday's was good. Going to have to make a run up to Heenan to get our bear fix.

What a great weekend trip. We have been socked in with bad weather- one bad storm after another- and it is good to see others out having fun. But it does make me restless. Hopefully, our stretch of weather will soon pass and we will hit the road for a bit.

Lighthawk said:
Thank you and the Lady for a fine weekend of exploration and revisit of a special place. Callie will try to bark less at you next time. : )
Fun to see our rig coming down the RPF, but photos just don't show the pucker factor, do they?

I've been processing photos, and will soon have a TR to share.
Lighthawk, we always have such a nice time when we meet up with you guys, thanks so much! We are looking forward to seeing your great photos and reading your perspective on the adventure. Yeah, those photos just don't come close to showing the pucker factor. They don't show all the fill on the uphill side in places that threaten to tip your truck over sideways down the hill. They don't show the breathtaking exposure. They don't show the tight tight corners complete with protruding rocks out of the bank that are just waiting to can opener the side of your truck. They don't show the narrowest part is always crossing a gully and you really have to watch that outside back tire to make sure it stays on solid ground and doesn't wander off into space. No, the photos don't come close to showing the pucker factor.

Ted said:
Wow, what a full weekend. If that road bothered you it is a safe bet we will never drive it. Our Friday night moonrise got rained out but Saturday's was good. Going to have to make a run up to Heenan to get our bear fix.
Ted, hope you guys had a great trip. We look forward to hearing about it. At Heenan we left your picture out for the bears along with a note to be extra polite if you guys showed up!

takesiteasy said:
What a great weekend trip. We have been socked in with bad weather- one bad storm after another- and it is good to see others out having fun. But it does make me restless. Hopefully, our stretch of weather will soon pass and we will hit the road for a bit.
Takesiteasy, yup we've been hearing from relatives next door to you about the weather. Hope you get out soon!

As always, thank you for all the nice comments.

Another spot that has been on our ever growing list for sometime. Thanks for taking us there in spirit. Happy you managed to find solitude on such a busy weekend. Looks like you all had a good time.

I would guess the reason for labeling the latrine with the term rhodenite was derived from the manganese inosilicate rhodonite. Some forms are brown masses in natural occurence, while other forms weather to lumpy brown masses. It is also possible rhodonite was a frequently-encountered waste mineral which had to be dealt with by discarding it as the kyanite/sillimanite/andalusite which has ceramic value was mined. Either way, the latrine might be labeled a "rhodonite deposit area".

Foy

Thanks for another great trip. Your views were better than we had. We spent memorial day in Chicago

Back
Top Bottom