Memorial Day Weekend

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Stay home. It is crazy in the Sierra. The local huge campground has been full since Monday. We did all our shopping this morning so we won't get caught in the mess. We drove down the hill today. The vehicles, campers, trailers, thrillcraft coming up this way on the highway on a Wednesday is a shock. Stay home.

Anticipating the onslaught we met a small group of friends this past weekend out in the hinterlands. All was calm and we loved the rain in the desert. We'll hunker down this weekend and enjoy the homestead once again.

Wife and I did our final trip for awhile last weekend at Hat Creek. Only 3 other campers where we were but saw many large groups along a dispersed area nearby. I'll be running down to Auburn tomorrow and expect to see the throngs headed to the mountains on I80, Typically, there'll be a couple of motorhomes broken down on the side of the road.

I'm off to have some fun. I've been doing a family/friends Owens Valley camping trip for over 40 years and don't plan to stop now. Our designated camp spot is remote enough to not have any other campers.

Our local area will also be overrun by tourists but that is a normal thing for weekends but just more for the holiday.
Always time to stay home on the weekends.Stay safe out there but have fun.
Frank

I just set myself up for an exercise in patience: I made an appointment for a haircut tomorrow, Friday, at 3:30 on the other side of town.
I generally try to avoid being on the streets between 3 and 6pm even on a normal weekday, because of traffic.
Oh well... I spent several months in the role of trailer-towing traffic-blocking tourist dufous this past fall, winter, spring down South.
Driving in bad traffic is a great opportunity for serenity practice: accepting the things I cannot change. :D

MarkBC said:
I just set myself up for an exercise in patience: I made an appointment for a haircut tomorrow, Friday, at 3:30 on the other side of town.
I generally try to avoid being on the streets between 3 and 6pm even on a normal weekday, because of traffic.
Oh well... I spent several months in the role of trailer-towing traffic-blocking tourist dufous this past fall, winter, spring down South.
Driving in bad traffic is a great opportunity for serenity practice: accepting the things I cannot change. :D
What a positive outlook! Do you offer classes on how to do this? :)

ski3pin said:
What a positive outlook! Do you offer classes on how to do this? :)

I'm thinking of going cross-country with my travel trailer to spread the word, kinda like Neil did.
:D :p

Brothers.

I say, Brothers!

There's way too much serenity going on out there.

I think I need to take a class...

Paul

We are home this weekend, which makes peace and serenity easier to come by. Have a service due on the truck tomorrow morning and a get together, for the first time in a year, with neighbors for a potluck and live music. The event is one block from our house. Yay for so many good things!

Looking at early Neil and just yesterday an early Huell Howser episode. Who were those people? I mean I don't look that old do I?.

Craig, Your not that old! Neil Young?

Loading camper this weekend...State forest for the "work week" many more spots open!

Did a 10 mile run down I80 W to Auburn this morning. Counted 27 rvs & motorhomes going eastbound. Not a pretty picture.

Ronin said:
Did a 10 mile run down I80 W to Auburn this morning. Counted 27 rvs & motorhomes going eastbound. Not a pretty picture.
We drove the 1.5 miles over to the Post Office and back after noon. The off ramp from the highway was backed up onto the highway, an unbelievable amount of people coming up.

Back
Top Bottom