Memorial weekend?

craig333

Riley's Human
I know a lot of people hate holiday weekends but since I have the time and haven't been anywhere partly due to working on the Jeep, I'm heading out. Mono Lake maybe? Thats about as far as my trip planning has gotten. Gotta love the flexibility our campers give us to plan on the fly.

Go enjoy... I just had a hernia surgery laying low for a while then back to the house remodeling, getting close to being done.

We recently bought a second home in preparation of winding down and extricating (a little) from the rat race in a few years. Of course that means having chores at 2 places. Oh well, there could be worse places to spend a holiday weekend doing chores...Here's a map of our backyard, we're located about center at the bottom.

We drove down the hill to attend the school graduation ceremony. The traffic coming up the hill, campers, trailers, thrillcraft, was unbelievable. No wonder we get away from here as much as possible on weekends.

Yep, staying home too. I usually avoid the crowds and run up to a prim. camp on north Eagle Lake or on the Modoc NF, but I had a fuel pump go out on my F150 on the way to the coast at the start of the month. Paying for that (almost $800.00 and a dog friendly motel ($100.00)) sort of ended my WTWing for the month. Well in a few days my next pension check gets here, so I'm in a planning phase for my next trip now!!!...Isn't retirement grand!!! Back to the yard work :D !

Smoke

B'Habit, it's too bad that there's no hiking, fishing or camping areas near your new place. ;)

One of my previous supervisors would let me work these Mondays and take a comp day later. I always did so unless a family event forced me not to. Just don't wish to be sharing the road with all of those amateurs.

We're spending the weekend emptying the kitchen with my crew arriving on Tuesday to tear out the 80's HD cabinets and vinyl flooring. It's the final stage to renovate our 1960's home. Today I mounted a salvaged sink/faucet from one our remodels into a countertop, which will be be set up on sawhorses on our back deck. We'll cook outdoors for the next three months! Not so bad.

Our remodel started mid September and should be wrapping up next month. It has been such a long time living out of boxes and having your life disrupted. I'm glad our kitchen was not done as that might have been not good for our sanity and relationship. Lighthawk good luck with your final stage of your renovate, it will be like camp out cooking. Glad it is not winter weather....

Back
Top Bottom