Mexico- visits to Yelapa and Sayulita

:D Yeah, if you're ok with visits by scorpions, scorpion-killering-spiders (almost dinner plate sized), and the occasional tejon (coati).
images

I'm not a fan of invertebrates (earthworms are OK as I skewered many on fish hooks as a kid)...but the critter with the furry tail looks like fun! :D

Hey Andy and Susan,
Damn, I need to get back to Sayulita. I went down there a few times in the years past. We'd rent a house on the hill and stayy a couple of weeks at a time. We'd take a cab from Puerto Vallarta and live the whole vacation by walking everywhere, never using any cars or buses. Michael and I would jam with the mariachis at the plaza at night.

Pics are from 8 years back. Michael you've met, daughter is Brooke, she never camps anymore so you never met her.

Gene

Attachments

• IMGP0988.jpg
    IMGP0988.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMGP0993.jpg
    IMGP0993.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMGP1069.jpg
    IMGP1069.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 183
Hello Andy and Susan,

Thanks for letting us know about Yelapa. It is fantastic! Friendly people, incredible food (especially at Los Abuelos), and very inexpensive. We rented a house in the village for a week. We are already dreaming of our return trip!

Fantastic Gene! Next time we go back I'm thinking of taking a panga to the fishing village south of Yelapa, then hiking back up over the mountain to return. Have you hiked up to La Cascada yet? BTW: Our friends Mary & Bob own the next to last house visible on the rocks north of town.

BTW: We owe you thanks for telling me about the camp down by Saratoga Spgs. We were returning to DV after a Tecopa soak (Delights), and needed a spot to stay in the waning light of winter. I had remembered your directions and we had a wonderful night on that side road with a big view of Ibex Dunes / Saratoga. Thanks!

Andy, yes I saw that house. We did enjoy being in the village for all the social activity. We even did a mini performance at one of the eateries. We went to the Cascada, and way up the river. Our house was above the village pier and towards the point, 1/2 up the hillside.

Back
Top Bottom