Miles per year on your truck camper

BlueSky

Question for you all. How many miles do you put on your truck camper every year? I figure I am doing about 2,500. Pretty low I am sure compared to others.

I haven't used my camper much in the past year.
I think maybe a total of 14 days and 2000 miles....

Just did the math and it comes out to 10k a year. This year will be less. Truck is getting old and spending too much time in the shop. Crossing my fingers when I get it out (hopefully tomorrow) it'll be good to go for a while.

was about 12K a year and expect that go up to 20 - 25K a year now that we are retired.

This year, we have to date, exactly 3010.0 miles touring from Oregon to south Utah and back. More miles to come.

The photo was taken as we pulled into the driveway. Considering we had the Cougar on Big Ruby, and she was pulling a 7500 pound trailer, I wasn’t too disappointed with 12.2 MPG.

gallery_4841_711_901243.jpeg

I average 1300 miles / trip from San Diego. 6-8 trips a year for roughly 10k miles. Last road trip up to Bishop area I had some favorable winds and averaged 18 mpg on a fully loaded Fleet FWC on a 2021 Tacoma. I’m the slow poke in the right lane doing 60mph.

Another slow poke! That's pretty good mileage, similar to ours. My motto is to start slow, and taper off.
Taco Mileage.png

rubberlegs said:
Another slow poke! That's pretty good mileage, similar to ours. My motto is to start slow, and taper off.
Taco Mileage.png
Seems like most of the time I come across the Mojave desert I’m pounding into the wind and getting 12-14 mpg. Tailwinds make me happy!

You guys make me jealous.

Last year, because of medical issues, I only put on about 2500 miles camping (only 5800 miles total). I am hoping to improve on that this year. Medical stuff should be finished in July.

Seems like going through the Dakota's, Nebraska, and Wyoming I'm always fighting a head wind :p
~14 mpg on level terrain and no wind with camper on.

Back
Top Bottom