Mini Truck campers (Keitaro)

buckland

Site Team
Probably way off the radar for most but nonetheless and option for some. I have a 4WD/Diff-Lock Suzuki Carry 1991 truck. It has 40K miles on it and runs like a top. C rated AT tires. It can basically go anywhere ...just a tad slower. It is tiny but pound for pound it gets the job done ay around 15 kilometers a liter. (come on do some math). Ok ... 45 MPG-ish. It is a dump truck too... handy around the homestead. Some folks add a little camper on back. A heater a cam stove... Have to say I like the minimal-ness of it. I love my Kei-truck. Off to the dump... carry and dump firewood, rocks, soil etc. Why do we need a 6 liter diesel to go buy a gallon of milk? Maybe I should change my handle to Tonka?....nah Matchbox is probably better.
Just for fun: Just click on the YouTube link to watch.

Pretty neat! Yes, why have trucks grown into these huge monstrosities we see today?

I had a red 1963 Datsun L320 when Julie first met me in 1981. It became her truck shortly after. She could throw anything she wanted in the bed and take off. It was her daily driver for close to 20 years. The kids at school loved "Mrs. Hendricks and her little red truck."

Now we yearn for a 1967 Datsun Fairlady roadster. :)

Back
Top Bottom