Interstate 8 AZ to CA

MeganMcQ

RV LIFE Pro
We're planning a trip out west and plan to end in San Diego In Feb/March of 2025. Can anyone tell me if I8 is a safe road to travel with our 43 ft Salem Hemisphere 5th wheel? We would be driving from Benson, AZ to Bonita, CA. The RV Trip Wizard gives us warnings indicating the Trip goes through a potentially dangerous road but I can't get details. Any knowledge the group can provide would be awesome!

What danger are you afraid of? We drove this road sometimes in the last years, but in a smaller RV (23 ft. C-class). We didn't notice anything dangerous.

We're planning a trip out west and plan to end in San Diego In Feb/March of 2025. Can anyone tell me if I8 is a safe road to travel with our 43 ft Salem Hemisphere 5th wheel? We would be driving from Benson, AZ to Bonita, CA. The RV Trip Wizard gives us warnings indicating the Trip goes through a potentially dangerous road but I can't get details. Any knowledge the group can provide would be awesome!
My guess is heavy traffic, plus highway in poor condition. That is what I experienced on other AZ CA freeways.

Conditions of the highway for sure. In addition, I’ve seen comments on steep grades coming out of the mountains. Given I8 is a major US interstate I wouldn’t have been concerned except for the warnings in the RV Trip Wizard planner that I use to plan our trips.

Back
Top Bottom