Minimum clearance to remove camper inside garage

BillTheHiker

I am thinking of buying four jacks so I can unload camper when not in use. I would like to remove it in the garage where it will be stored so I won't need a dolly to move it. Right now I have 4 inches clearance with the rafters in my garage. Is that enough clearance to jack up the camper for removal? Never done this so a related question is how many people are needed to safely remove it?

My rig is a FWC Fleet with jack brackets on a Tacoma.

Probably not...but you can let air out of your tires etc to help make it work.

Measure to your truck bumper....then measure some other unladen similar oyota truck bumper....the difference being what you need to raise the camper (plus some) in order to pull truck out from below camper.

If you have airbags, of course deflate those etc etc.

Remember the roof vent or any other stuff on camper roof before you back into garage door.

Murphy will get you every time.

David Graves

Russ, thanx. I did not factor in the suspension lifting as the camper is raised. So it likely wont work. Hello Dolly?

Dolly is your friend in this situation.

Even if you did get the camper off in the garage, I'd be surprised if you could get the camper back on the truck. I've always had to raise my Fleet a bit higher when I back my Tacoma under it. It's a really tight fit. When loading the Fleet, it always takes way longer to line up the Tacoma, even with front jack bracket extensions.

Get big wheels on the dolly, bigger than you think you need.

Todgru

Back
Top Bottom