Minor hail damage

camper101

So, I got some dings from recent hailstorms, and I'm not sure what if anything to do about it. None of them are that bad, but I'd of course prefer that they weren't there. Don't know if it's something that'll become some kind of problem (or affect resale value) and if I should try to file a claim or just ignore it.

There are maybe 15-20 marks on the whole roof, and maybe a half dozen are good enough to pick up with my phone's camera.

So do I "do something," or worry about this as much as I worry about the "pinstriping" I put on my truck when I drive by bushes (which is not at all)? Obviously I care more about the camper than the truck and they're both the same age (2012)...

I'm sure many of you have seen worse storms, and I haven't seen much about people replacing roofs, so maybe I can call myself lucky. But this is my first time, and again I really have no clue what if anything to do.

Thank you.

2IMG_0828.jpg
2IMG_0827.jpg
2IMG_0825.jpg

I'd live with it. Wait till a large branch falls on it, then worry about that.

The smooth roof certainly shows the damage easily, but I wouldn't worry about it. Our previous camper and most I have seen have some dings on them. kind of like cars, it is pretty hard to keep them pristine forever.

I've been living with hail dents on the roof. I have the old two piece textured roof and the dents don't show too badly. I just think of them as battle scars.

Sounds like it was pretty much just a matter of time and not much to be done. Those first ones hurt a little but I guess they'll eventually blend in with whatever else I do to it...

Thanks for chiming in.

Back
Top Bottom