Moab - Potash Trail to Shafer Switchbacks - Into Canyonlands

dorocks

Just got back from a week in Moab with my son, brother and his wife, and a workmate. We did several trails. I have only edited some of the pictures. The ones posted are a few from Hell's Revenge and the Potash Trail to the Shafer Switchbacks.

http://keithbarnes.smugmug.com/Vacation/Moab-Jeeping-2014/

This last trail can be done with any vehicle. Has spectacular scenary. Near the end is the area where the White Rim Trail comes out.

My boy turned over his Jeep on Hell's Gate. Very minor damage to Jeep and minor damage to his ego. Had Dino with him and they got to look at the sky for awhile as others winched him back on his feet and up the hill. Had to take out plugs to get oil out of cylinders and it started right up.

Lots of motorcycle riders around Moab. Got me thinking about one.

The trail on google

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=113875011597862166415.000473b526eecd91bb537&dg=feature

We stayed in town at a regular RV campground (Canyonlands). Was the week before Memorial Day.

Attachments

• _MG_3966-X2.jpg
    _MG_3966-X2.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 129
  • _MG_3984-L.jpg
    _MG_3984-L.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 116
Riverrunner said:
Nice photo's! Love that place. Nice Jeep's too! Did you trailer the Jeeps or we they a toad?
My son and workmate drove theirs there. Mine, the JK, was towed behind the Ram and FWC. My brother, not in pictures yet, put his Cherokee on a trailer behind his RV. It is bone stock, and if he continues to wheel, he will do a regular tow bar setup. The rental trailer wayed a ton. Slowed down his RV a lot on grades.

dorocks said:
My son and workmate drove theirs there. Mine, the JK, was towed behind the Ram and FWC. My brother, not in pictures yet, put his Cherokee on a trailer behind his RV. It is bone stock, and if he continues to wheel, he will do a regular tow bar setup. The rental trailer wayed a ton. Slowed down his RV a lot on grades.
Cool. Girlfriend and I just got a JKU a month ago. Love it. Thinking we my need another for a mild "build" for more exploring. Towing it over with the truck and FWC seems to be the way to go but have never had a toad.

Cool photos, Keith.

dorocks said:
… and the Potash Trail to the Shafer Switchbacks.

This last trail can be done with any vehicle. Has spectacular scenary. Near the end is the area where the White Rim Trail comes out.
Re: "any vehicle" - could I accomplish all of Potash Trail with my 4WD Tacoma carrying a Fleet camper? Wish I'd known about Potash road when I was there in May. Oh, well, another reason to go back.

What's Long Canyon Trail like?

Back
Top Bottom