Mojave Road maps

I have Dennis Casebier's book: "Mojave Road Guide". It tells you everything you need to know about the road.
You can get it from the Mojave Desert Heritage and Cultural Association. www.mdhca.org

Little kerfluffle on E.P. over this. Young turk posted there that you need a dust light or you'll get nerfed. Translation: the flat-billed - pre-runner crowd thinks they own the MR and if you're going slower than they that you need to get out of their way.

So, if you drive the MR, do it during the week when those guys are trying to work up enough funds to buy their next pair of coil-overs and paying into our Social Security fund......

ntsqd said:
Little kerfluffle on E.P. over this. Young turk posted there that you need a dust light or you'll get nerfed. Translation: the flat-billed - pre-runner crowd thinks they own the MR and if you're going slower than they that you need to get out of their way.

So, if you drive the MR, do it during the week when those guys are trying to work up enough funds to buy their next pair of coil-overs and paying into our Social Security fund......
We try to avoid weekend and holiday adventures if for nothing else, just to avoid the people who have no respect for the land, others and themselves.

Little kerfuffle is right and I'm only up to page 3. Don't have and never thought I needed a dust light. I'll have to give that some more thought.

craig333 said:
Little kerfuffle is right and I'm only up to page 3. Don't have and never thought I needed a dust light. I'll have to give that some more thought.
13 pages and counting! Had never heard of a dust light before. Not gonna go out and buy one either, haha.

The dust light really isn't a bad idea, even when traveling at reasonable speeds. See my last post in that thread for an idea on how to make a temporary one. Having had one on my previous explore/chase truck for the last 100k miles or so, there have been times when it came in really handy. I'll be adding one to our tow'd when I get to the rear bumper mods.

That said, I don't think anyone should feel obligated to have one.

WOW!
What a turkey for not respecting the environment, and possible killing of protected species, like tortoise, and lizards, as well as tearing up roads so the "Gestapo" has more reasons to shut out the wandering kind. If you want to scream across the desert, go to Saudi Arabia, or maybe get some common sense implanted!
Now, you have my "Dos Centavos"
I have an opinion, and you are welcome to hear it!

Well i ordered the magnet mount battery version. I don't think it'll get used much but I can see it being useful on occasion.

takesiteasy said:
13 pages and counting! Had never heard of a dust light before. Not gonna go out and buy one either, haha.
craig333 said:
Well i ordered the magnet mount battery version. I don't think it'll get used much but I can see it being useful on occasion.
On second thought, I'd probably get one too if they called it a snow light, or a blizzard light. :)

Back
Top Bottom